Silkie / Japanese Bantam Crosses

they are 2.5 to three months old now. I was told we can't tell till 4 months if they are roos or hens. but one lady came over a month ago and said they were all hens. idk now to tell at all with silkies :) I'm going to take better pictures if it stops raining and the sun ever comes out, been cloudy and rainy for over a week here now.

Here is my Milkshake!
Japanese Bantam BTW X Splash Silkie hen

he is now 14 weeks old. Hatched on New Years.
Here are our two combo Japanese Blacktail/Silkie cross (Mopeep & Bopeep). They are 14 weeks in these pictures. Also, a picture of their Japanese Blacktail father (Peep) and Silkie mother (Mo

)

Here are our two combo Japanese Blacktail/Silkie cross (Mopeep & Bopeep). They are 14 weeks in these pictures. Also, a picture of their Japanese Blacktail father (Peep) and Silkie mother (Mo )
Those are about the cutest Silkie cross I've ever seen. Very beautiful pullets.

Last edited:
this is malt, milkshakes sister
this is milkshake :)

And this boy is milkshakes brother and malts brother. He hatched from the same parents but turned out white. This is indie :)

Those are about the cutest Silkie cross I've ever seen. Very beautiful pullets.
Thank you. We think they are very pretty too, and hope that they are indeed pullets. I must say that Milkshake is a very gorgeous proud looking roo. It's amazing the different looks we can get from crossing the two breeds.

Just came upon this topic, wanted to search more about silky feathered Japanese bantams as we were given 7 of them by someone who didn't want them anymore, and they had babies once.

One of the babies, Pongo:

The whole litter, born April 2014:

Here is the father, Ollie, with one of the girls. We took them to a show last spring just for the fun of it, to join some of our other birds.

I do have to say that unfortunately the babies didn't well at all - I thought we were not bad at raising chicks, and they started out very healthy, but gradually 3 of the 6 passed away for unknown reasons and I am fighting for the lives of 2 of the remaining 3 at this moment. I don't know if maybe their parents are all siblings (possible) and inbreeding played such a big part. Our other chicks are all doing well this year but these little ones were so very unfortunate.

Well our Japanese bantam girls are all grown up and unfortunately our male is about 5 weeks behind them...lol...
So we've got this handsome red/buff roo, who's been making time with our girls. We'll see what the chicks look like March 17th...
1f450.png
(double high five)

Back
Top Bottom