Silkie mix thread :D

Can anyone tell me what breed this is? The lady I got her from said silkie cross, but I have seen pictures of others that look like her that was a different breed!!! We were told she is a she!! 8 weeks old

This is her with her sister which are not sure the sex on either yet, but we're told both girls!! Fingers crossed!!

The one on the left is certainly a cross of some 5 toed chicken, such as a silkie. No clue what the non-silkie portion would be.

Thanks, I'm not sure either, the one on lThe right is a blue silkie!!! But not sure about the other!!! Thank you though hopefully someone will know!!!

6 weeks ago my white silkies hatched their babies! The dad's were barred rock, Buff Orpington and something similar to a barred rock. All came with 5 toes and feathered legs! They are finally starting to feather out and are wonderfully sweet! Hoping that at least 3 are pullets!

Old thread but I was happy to find it. I love silkie mixes! I prefer smooth feathered chickens but I totally understand why people like silkies and their poof ball appearance. Just for my own self, I like the mixed silkies with smooth feathers. And luckily for me my neighbor has a white silkie roo over nearly every color/type of hen imaginable. So without further ado, here's some of my "girls", and they are girls until they crow -.-

Love this pattern!

She's still young but already has been a mom to a silkie mix chick. It followed her everywhere like her own chick would and it turned out looking exactly like her, even though she's far too young to be it's real mom since at the time she was 2 months old. She was hiding in the bushes, probably from the chick who still follows her around haha.

I have not had to much luck getting eggs to hatch from my silkies. But I do have one silkie wyandotte cross hen. I know cochins sometimes have to have the fluf on their butt trimmed to help fertility do any of you have problems with silkies having the same issue?

Back
Top Bottom