Silkie mix thread :D

One Month Update:

Chick #1

Chick #2

Chick #1 is much fluffier while Chick #2 has more straight feathers. Since they're part Silkie I wont be able to sex them for a while but the Serama is leaning towards #2 being a pullet for the rounded feathers and quicker growth

Last edited:
One of my mixed pullets is starting to lay eggs. They are so tiny!! She's a mix from silkie father to bantam cochin mother and she looks more cochin than silkie. She's a great layer though, every day I'm getting a tiny cream egg from her. My Sultan rooster shows zero interest in her. I was hoping to use my silkie mixed pullets with the sultan rooster.

One Month Update:

Chick #1

Chick #2

Chick #1 is much fluffier while Chick #2 has more straight feathers. Since they're part Silkie I wont be able to sex them for a while but the Serama is leaning towards #2 being a pullet for the rounded feathers and quicker growth

Looks like the mix between a Serama & Silkie results in a Silkies feather feet, extra toes, walnut comb, and patches of fluff with a Seramas upright body, & straight wings! However...both have awkward silkie butts with actual feathers mixed in & one feather that sticks straight up on their heads like a one-man mohawk
1f602.png

Those are some beautiful chicks!

My silkie mix (with cochin hen) just brooded and hatched 4 sultan eggs for me. I added 6 EE chicks to her little brood and she's been a busy mom out showing "her" babies how to forage and scratch. She's amazing. My other silkie mix hen is starting to look around and I suspect she may start laying soon. I'm not sure what she's mixed with but she's large and fluffy with black silkie comb and legs.

Those are some beautiful chicks!

My silkie mix (with cochin hen) just brooded and hatched 4 sultan eggs for me.  I added 6 EE chicks to her little brood and she's been a busy mom out showing "her" babies how to forage and scratch.  She's amazing.  My other silkie mix hen is starting to look around and I suspect she may start laying soon.  I'm not sure what she's mixed with but she's large and fluffy with black silkie comb and legs.

Oh wow that sounds so adorable!! A silkie and cochin mix mother is probably the best mother in the chicken world I can think of!

Here is one of my blue andalusian x white silkie as a chick.

Here are the rest with mom and other silkie chicks.

I'll try to get some good pics soon!

Can I revive this thread? Silkie mixes are just adorable!
Here's my Polkie

Attachments

• DSC_0073.JPG
    DSC_0073.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC_0072.JPG
    DSC_0072.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG-20220313-WA0110.jpeg
    IMG-20220313-WA0110.jpeg
    586.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220227_130348_HDR.jpg