Silkie thread!

Quote:
Thank you so much for that link! I have bookmarked it for future use as well!
I dont think she is in pain she does it the worst when she scratches the right side of her head. So far since the split this after noon she has not been picked on but I have kept her out with me for the better part of the day she goes in for 1 hr to eat and be part of the flock out for 1 hour where she cuddles and sleeps sometimes she climbs up to my shoulder and snuggles my neck to stay warm. Boy with all the time we are spending together if I loose her it will hurt my heart. I think I have some Prednisone on hand from when one of my moms cats got sick from being taken from her. I will still wait a few days and watch I just want to be armed if I need to treat her nothing like having everything stocked in your sick bay EXCEPT WHAT YOU REALLY NEED! I have the aspirin on hand from Viper (my dog) who passed may 9 I did not know it could be used for chickens or I would have used that when Hairy got plucked by my lab named poodle. so thank you Great Link!
hugs.gif
I should have taken the Cochins out with the packing peanuts, but they were not causing problems at that point. i think when I do Silkies again it will be ONLY Silkies.

Only 8 weeks old. Look at that comb & those waddles! He tried to crow last night, too. It was the funniest sound we've ever heard. And here I thought I was going to have to wait months to find out the sex of this one.

Lol

I dont think she is in pain she does it the worst when she scratches the right side of her head. So far since the split this after noon she has not been picked on but I have kept her out with me for the better part of the day she goes in for 1 hr to eat and be part of the flock out for 1 hour where she cuddles and sleeps sometimes she climbs up to my shoulder and snuggles my neck to stay warm. Boy with all the time we are spending together if I loose her it will hurt my heart. I think I have some Prednisone on hand from when one of my moms cats got sick from being taken from her. I will still wait a few days and watch I just want to be armed if I need to treat her nothing like having everything stocked in your sick bay EXCEPT WHAT YOU REALLY NEED! I have the aspirin on hand from Viper (my dog) who passed may 9 I did not know it could be used for chickens or I would have used that when Hairy got plucked by my lab named poodle. so thank you Great Link! :hugs I should have taken the Cochins out with the packing peanuts, but they were not causing problems at that point. i think when I do Silkies again it will be ONLY Silkies.

Hopefully , with a little TLC things will resolve. If you see any nasal discharge or breathing difficulties then it will be time foe antibiotics. If you do decide to use prednisone be very careful about dosage and weaning off rather than stopping abruptly.

http://www.browneggblueegg.com/Article/Crookneck/Crookneck.html

I have one that looks a lot like him. Comb and wattles showed up between 3 and 4 weeks.

Only 8 weeks old. Look at that comb & those waddles! He tried to crow last night, too. It was the funniest sound we've ever heard. And here I thought I was going to have to wait months to find out the sex of this one.

Lol

Last edited:
I
I dont think she is in pain she does it the worst when she scratches the right side of her head. So far since the split this after noon she has not been picked on but I have kept her out with me for the better part of the day she goes in for 1 hr to eat and be part of the flock out for 1 hour where she cuddles and sleeps sometimes she climbs up to my shoulder and snuggles my neck to stay warm. Boy with all the time we are spending together if I loose her it will hurt my heart. I think I have some Prednisone on hand from when one of my moms cats got sick from being taken from her. I will still wait a few days and watch I just want to be armed if I need to treat her nothing like having everything stocked in your sick bay EXCEPT WHAT YOU REALLY NEED! I have the aspirin on hand from Viper (my dog) who passed may 9 I did not know it could be used for chickens or I would have used that when Hairy got plucked by my lab named poodle. so thank you Great Link! :hugs I should have taken the Cochins out with the packing peanuts, but they were not causing problems at that point. i think when I do Silkies again it will be ONLY Silkies.

I would get some vitamins in her incase of deficiency and will help with healing.

I have 2 Silkies, both born in December. The Roo has the most insane comb...is this typical for a Silkie? He can't see out of his right eye because of it and when he tries to eat out of my hand his depth perception or something makes him unable to get the Treat, which makes me sad!
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom