Silkie thread!

Hey, are Sizzles welcome here too or do we have a Sizzle-specific thread somewhere?

Got some beautiful Cuckoo Sizzle chicks a week or two back, one smooth and one frizzled. By the looks of the combs they're both roos though, of course!
roll.png
I'm working on Sex Linked Silkies but I suppose they will be useful in perpetuating the pure Cuckoo line...

Welcome! They should be fine. Cute!

Hey, are Sizzles welcome here too or do we have a Sizzle-specific thread somewhere?

Got some beautiful Cuckoo Sizzle chicks a week or two back, one smooth and one frizzled. By the looks of the combs they're both roos though, of course!
roll.png
I'm working on Sex Linked Silkies but I suppose they will be useful in perpetuating the pure Cuckoo line...

Ohhh
love.gif
bow.gif
so adorable! I wish that I could have a rooster so I could hatch some chicks too!

For all you bakers, when baking with silkie eggs do you add more or just use the number called for in a recipe? Wasn't sure since they are smaller.

Silkie yolks are pretty big but the eggs have less white in them compared to an average egg so I just add a little more egg white (purchased in the dairy section of the market). So if a recipe calls for 2 eggs I use 2 Silkie eggs with some added egg white. If you use 2 for 1 Silkie eggs in recipes you'll have too much yellow yolk color in the finished product and more yolk makes a souffle less fluffy and finished baked products a bit tougher texture. Adding a little extra egg white to Silkie eggs keeps the recipe lighter and fluffier - especially in omelets. I used 4 Silkie eggs for an omelet and it came out way too orange and rubbery. Next time I used 3 Silkie eggs and added egg white and the outcome was a less orange omelet and fluffier texture.

Hey guys! Been a while since I've been on here! Don't know if you remember, but check out Slimy Bob now! He's still sweet as sugar and Slimy as ever! Lol

Back
Top Bottom