~*Silver Bantams Chat Thread Of Epic Awesomeness*~

Ok guys I'm having terrible luck with chickens!
I have a sick rooster. Just lost two hens (not even laying yet ) and I lost a Guinea. Not to mention I just sold a rooster that I actually really liked.

Is it just me having terrible chicken luck?

(PS I had a small flock and it was mostly roosters. Now I have 3 Rosters and 2 hens! Gahhhh!!!)

(Btw I miss y'all. I haven't been on a lot lately. It seems like no one really has...)
Awww, sorry about that!! Yeah..I have also not been on so much!!!

Im not actually having abd lcuk! Im having good!

2 motnhs ago our dog got i nthe coop and killed about 90% of the chicken population, leaving1 rooster and about 11 hens!!! Now, the population is back up to 9 roosters and 82 hens :D

And yesterday 19 chicks hatched out of 2 hens :D

Awww, sorry about that!! Yeah..I have also not been on so much!!!

Im not actually having abd lcuk! Im having good! 

2 motnhs ago our dog got i nthe coop and killed about 90% of the chicken population, leaving1 rooster and about 11 hens!!! Now, the population is back up to 9 roosters and 82 hens :D

And yesterday 19 chicks hatched out of 2 hens :D

That's good! I've been gone all day and I came back home to my sick rooster laying on the ground surrounded by flys barely alive. So I asked my brother to put him down. Poor thing. Now I have two hens and two roosters. It's kinda of ironic because my first ever flock I had 2 roosters and two hens.....

I'm wandering if my dogs/cats did it or if it was from a sickness. My dogs have never killed any of our chickens yet so I don't think it's them and our cats have only killed chicks, but even if it was them why wouldn't they eat it? I suppose it could be another predator, but my dogs protect are chickens 85% of the day. Also another reason I'm confused. :/ oh well what's done is done. So have you had a good week?

I'm having terrible luck, we had to sell our meat birds because of the Avian flu canceling the county fair. Our nicest chicken got torn apart by a unknown dog, and a couple died of heatstroke.

Back
Top Bottom