Silver Laced Wyandotte - Pullet or Roo? -- June 13th- 8 WEEKS OLD- new photos

What am I?

• Pullet

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Cockerel

Votes: 29 54.7%

• Total voters
Y'all have made my day! I'll update photos again in a couple weeks and keep it going until she's fully filled out. I had trouble finding a good growth visual from pullet to hen on SLW, so if I can "create" one, maybe it will help others.

thumbsup.gif
Great idea! Ill be watching.

Here are 2 examples of 3 week old wyndotte pullets. I believe the one to the left of the pis is another 1 just not sure. but some can be lighter than others.

This one is a 3 week old roo. Notice how the top part of the wing is really light and he has almost no feathers compared to the girls above. All 3 hatched the same day.

Last edited:
Oh my, yes. That roo looks very different from my PULLET!
clap.gif
hehehehehe. Thank you for posting that. It's not been easy finding young cockerel photos.

I double checked the calendar and they are only 3 weeks old instead of 4. I changed the age in the post with the pics. I will try to post on thursdays. That was the day of the week they hatched. We have 5 that are 3 weeks old and 3 that are 7 almost 8 weeks old. I will also take a pic of them as well. All 3 are pullets. I also agree its a good idea it will help with identifying others in the future.

Here is that little roo at 4 weeks. Still does not have a whole lot of feathers but his waddles are coming in really nicely and both them and his comb are getting really red.

Here is one of the pullets the same age

Another example of a pullet the same age. Note the difference in coloring, the bottom one has a lot more white on here but still a girl.

The little roo is a really good example of a young one. I will keep posting every week. From here on out I may only post pic of him since Im pretty sure most know by now what a pullet should look like. If you guys want me to continue to post the pics of the girls just let me know.

I am so glad to have found this thread, thank you!!! I think it is answering a lot of my questions! I posted here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/605156/the-silver-laced-wyandotte-thread/100 (at the bottom of the page) asking about my SLW's. Mine stayed identical in feathering out, except one is a little lighter in color (Hence the names Gracie vs. Lacey), but they grew all their feathers at the same time. The darker one is looking pretty red in the comb and wattles (at 4 and half weeks of age), though. So with only two chicks to compare, I thought she was a he; but this thread gives me hope that maybe she's a she?! Anyone else have an opinion?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom