Silver Laced Wyandotte - Rooster?

@Alexandra33 I so hope you are right, he's (she!) is a friendly little thing and I'd hate to have to see it go, but it would have to, at the first sign of a crow as my neighbours in town will instantly jump....

@Alexandra33 I so hope you are right, he's (she!) is a friendly little thing and I'd hate to have to see it go, but it would have to, at the first sign of a crow as my neighbours in town will instantly jump....
For your sake, I hope so, too.
hugs.gif
It's a lovely little birdie.
smile.png

~Alex

Sunnyducks, I'm just thinking it's a cockerel, younger than stated. I'm thinking he's about 4ish month now? I hope for your sake I'm wrong and it starts laying eggs for you. But, those legs, and the overall look of the bird just looks like a teenage boy. sorry.

Will you update us when you're sure what it is? I'm curious now....

bgil

welcome-byc.gif

You have a cute little silver laced Cochin cockerel.

Last edited:
OK so after looking back at my pictures we got Featherfoot around the first week of September because we didn't get our first four hens our two reds and two golds until the end of August and my little girl wanted to see some chicks so we went and bought chicks want to say around the seventh or 10 September and Featherfoot was one of our first little bantums that we had bought

Sunnyducks, I'm just thinking it's a cockerel, younger than stated. I'm thinking he's about 4ish month now? I hope for your sake I'm wrong and it starts laying eggs for you. But, those legs, and the overall look of the bird just looks like a teenage boy. sorry.

Will you update us when you're sure what it is? I'm curious now....

I will definitely update you - just have to hold my nerve till he/she crows or lays an egg!

Sunnyducks- I do believe it looks like a young Cockerel. Although I did have one Barred Rock that for months fooled me into think she was a cockerel- developed wattles and pink comb very early- and was Queen Bee- even boxing with the ones who were clearly boys- then she laid an egg at 20 weeks! Only one who has fooled me that long! So there is hope!

@donrae @Paganrose

I was scared Little Boy (as he/she is named by my grandson) would crow and get me into trouble with my very difficult neighbours (who would call the council on me if an ant crawled from my garden into theirs).before I could arrange a new home. I was put in touch with an experienced chicken lady who was happy to raise him regardless. She came round to collect him, but immediately asked "are you sure it's a rooster"? She finally found some very short pointy saddle feathers; she thinks he's a runt roo, as he's hardly grown at all since I got him, (to begin with he was the same size as my SLW pullet who is now much bigger). I've decided to hang on to him at the moment, but at the very first crow she will come back and uplift him immediately so I don't get into trouble. The saga of Little Boy continues!

This sounds silly, my silver laced Wyandotte has "cheeks" or "chops" like an aracauna. Is that possible? Is it even a thing? He's a 6 week old cockerel if that helps. Am I nuts?

Back
Top Bottom