Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Those chicks look really healthy! Is that all of them?
In that batch yes. It was kind of a weird brood. Started with 11 eggs. 2 were clears at 8 days. 2 disappeared during the brood. I have no idea where they went as they were boldly marked so I know they weren't accidentally collected. One chick was found dead in the nest and one egg didn't hatch. So 5 out of 11 originals. That's ok. She's a first time mama and a bit excitable. If we make it through the week without her stepping on another, I will feel good.

Ugh, I'm in a dilemma... I counted my chickens before they hatched! I got 5 extra chicks, all females that I don't have room for... If you had to make the choice, would you butcher/sell your older 2-3 year old chickens, or sell the new pullets? I'm conflicted
Keep them all, expand the coop. That's just me. "Hello, my name is Puddin Fluff and I am a chick-a-halic."
hide.gif

Its raining in earnest now.... sigh... Love the sound love the smell love how clean it leaves everything....

El Nino came through

El Nino should give us rain off and on all spring and summer...

I hope it replenishes the water table some... My well is down 100 feet

deb
Yeah for rain for you! I know you guys need it. We did not get much the last two days but we are forecast for more today through the weekend. Hope it is not as bad as last week.
fl.gif

Ugh, I'm in a dilemma... I counted my chickens before they hatched! I got 5 extra chicks, all females that I don't have room for... If you had to make the choice, would you butcher/sell your older 2-3 year old chickens, or sell the new pullets? I'm conflicted

sell two of each and let the fifth squeeze in.
coffee is grand this morning

Back
Top Bottom