Sled dog breeding

Ok here's more pics of my lovely lady.

She's a beauty ful *****

A dam is a momma dog. It's like a mare= not breed dam=foal at foot
Who told you that is a dam?

A b**ch is a female dog, according to the dictionary. The dam is the mom and the sire is the dad, just like with horses. So, as an example, if I bred Dawn and Phantom and got pups, Dawn would be the dam and Phantom the sire. But as of right now, I have no intention of breeding, my dogs are too young and haven't had their health screens yet. So Dawn is a b**ch, and Phantom is still a pup under 1 year of age. And when Phantom does get old enough to breed I can refer to him as a stud.

Now, some people, including me, will only call an intact female a b**ch. So even though b**ch can be used to refer to any female dog, it is now commonly used to refer to intact females capable of producing a littler. Some people think that b**ch only refers to the female when in heat. So, like many words the meaning has been changed by usage. Most teenagers think b**ch is only a insult and have no clue it is an actual term applied to an animal. And there is the fact that because of our new political correctness, strict laws, and crazy animal rights groups saying the word often gets you angry glares and words from parents. So the term b**ch has fallen slightly out of use, in an attempt to avoid causing scenes and making waves with bad public opnion. Breeder will use the term among other breeders, but not in public.

Idiot animal rights groups are so anti-breeder that they make life very difficult once they set their sights on a particular breeder. PETA being 1 of the worst. If PETA had its way, ALL dogs would be spayed or neutered and then we would have no more pet dogs. So many good breeders do their best to stay off the radar, and keeping some kids mommy and daddy from complaining about foul language is a tiny price to pay.

Ok here's more pics of my lovely lady.

She's a beauty ful *****

Your right that she has a lot of faults. I am curious what faults you see in her though.

I would agree with you that having her spayed would be best. She can still be a lovely pet without having to be bred. And please do keep in mind that breeding has risks. B**ches can die during labor and after from complications. When she goes into labor she will need a human midwife with her who knows how and when to bring on contractions, has a good idea how many pups she was carring to make sure they all come out, who can help break the sacks from the pups, watch a mother for any signs of refusing the pups or aggression towards them, and much more. There are many risks, a pup can die inside the mother which would kill her if not removed, pups can be breach and need to be turned and/or the dog rushed to have a C section or all the pups still inside the mother as well as the mother will die. You or her midwife meeds to know the signs of a detached placenta, how long is OK between pups before you should intervene, and knowing how to intervene is critical. I have a mobile vet that does even late night house calls in case of emergency. But even then I am most likely going to take my future pregnant female to a breeder with more experience to ensure the health of my b**ch and her litter. If the dog does end up with complications, it can get very expensive very fast trying to save her and her pups lives. Each pregnancy is different and you never know how it's going to go, even in an experienced b**ch.

So aside from the fact that Nala has a lot of major faults for a Siberian, are you prepared to risk her life? Death is a possibility and must always be considered before breeding.

Last edited:
A b**ch is a female dog, according to the dictionary. The dam is the mom and the sire is the dad, just like with horses. So, as an example, if I bred Dawn and Phantom and got pups, Dawn would be the dam and Phantom the sire. But as of right now, I have no intention of breeding, my dogs are too young and haven't had their health screens yet. So Dawn is a b**ch, and Phantom is still a pup under 1 year of age. And when Phantom does get old enough to breed I can refer to him as a stud.

Now, some people, including me, will only call an intact female a b**ch. So even though b**ch can be used to refer to any female dog, it is now commonly used to refer to intact females capable of producing a littler. Some people think that b**ch only refers to the female when in heat. So, like many words the meaning has been changed by usage. Most teenagers think b**ch is only a insult and have no clue it is an actual term applied to an animal. And there is the fact that because of our new political correctness, strict laws, and crazy animal rights groups saying the word often gets you angry glares and words from parents. So the term b**ch has fallen slightly out of use, in an attempt to avoid causing scenes and making waves with bad public opnion. Breeder will use the term among other breeders, but not in public.

Idiot animal rights groups are so anti-breeder that they make life very difficult once they set their sights on a particular breeder. PETA being 1 of the worst. If PETA had its way, ALL dogs would be spayed or neutered and then we would have no more pet dogs. So many good breeders do their best to stay off the radar, and keeping some kids mommy and daddy from complaining about foul language is a tiny price to pay.

Thanks and PETA people are extrema idiots. I HATE PETA

Thanks and PETA people are extrema idiots. I HATE PETA

I get why some groups started. We had a true sicko here who put firecrackers up cats butts and laughter as it blew. He also gutted living kittens or nailed them to boards. It was in the news several years ago. But the animals rights groups have gone insanely overboard. Protecting animals from whack jobs is important, but that's not what they do any more. I hate PETA with a passion, they make all animal owners out to be cruel and believe that all animals should be wild and free. Never mind that most domestic animals would die without human care.

OK, I'm dropping this subject before I go on a serious rant here.

Your right that she has a lot of faults. I am curious what faults you see in her though.

I would agree with you that having her spayed would be best. She can still be a lovely pet without having to be bred. And please do keep in mind that breeding has risks. B**ches can die during labor and after from complications. When she goes into labor she will need a human midwife with her who knows how and when to bring on contractions, has a good idea how many pups she was carring to make sure they all come out, who can help break the sacks from the pups, watch a mother for any signs of refusing the pups or aggression towards them, and much more. There are many risks, a pup can die inside the mother which would kill her if not removed, pups can be breach and need to be turned and/or the dog rushed to have a C section or all the pups still inside the mother as well as the mother will die. You or her midwife meeds to know the signs of a detached placenta, how long is OK between pups before you should intervene, and knowing how to intervene is critical. I have a mobile vet that does even late night house calls in case of emergency. But even then I am most likely going to take my future pregnant female to a breeder with more experience to ensure the health of my b**ch and her litter. If the dog does end up with complications, it can get very expensive very fast trying to save her and her pups lives. Each pregnancy is different and you never know how it's going to go, even in an experienced b**ch.

So aside from the fact that Nala has a lot of major faults for a Siberian, are you prepared to risk her life? Death is a possibility and must always be considered before breeding.

It's my brother who wants to breed her. But her hips are messed up she's way to skinny( she's 44lbs she comes from racing lines) her chest could be wider I think her ears are to low set. There's more but I just woke up.

Back
Top Bottom