Sled dog breeding

In some locales it is now illegal to chain out your dog more than an hour at a time. Leaving them out in the snow can lead to cruelty charges too. Apparently dogs hate to be in the snow. No-one obviously asked my dogs. Some people shouldn't make the laws without listening to the people affected by the laws.

I do not like HSUS or PeTA.

I hate PETA

What kind of collar is she wearing? My Belgian has a tiny head and can slip out of normal buckle collars. I switched him to a martingale collar, which is a very limited choke. Now when he tries to slip out of his collar it tightens and he can't get his head out. It will Not chocke a dog, it only tightens enough to stay on the dog and cause some discomfort if they pull while walking on a leash. I now have martingales on all my dogs and none has gotten out of them and they are much easier to walk now. Martingales are not expensive either, can find a decent one at Pet Co or Pet Smart for about $15 to $25.

She had a buckle, she's got a check chain now.

I am also partial to the silvers. But I have to consider the health of my dogs before adding any new members to our pack. Plus if I had tried to take the dogs he would have found them in my yard and raised a stink. However has them does not live nearby, and I didn't ask any questions when they disappeared. Wasn't my business and I was happy the dogs were away from him and his money hungry breeding plans.

I am still looking for the perfect silver Siberian, I haven't found her yet. One day I will though and she will look beautiful with my 2 black/white, my copper/white, and my wolf grey Siberian Huskies.

I want a silver or white with blue eyes stud for nala. She's got a few flaws so we'd have to search a very long Tim and its gunna take a long time to fix her back. She a little off but it's not as bad as her dads back.

She had a buckle, she's got a check chain now.

Be careful of choke chains, if they are put on backwards the choke can lock and choke your dog to death. It's 1 reason I prefer martingales, can't mess up putting it on the dog, and even if the dog pulls and pulls, it won't choke them to death.

But if you are going to use a choke. Hold it up in front of you. You will see a P or a 9. The P is the correct way to put it on the dog so as to keep the choke from getting stuck/locking on the dog's neck.

Last edited:
I only use the chocked for training the check chain is a greyhound color off brand. XD. Nala is like a cat had 9 life's she's about down to 3-5 she was wearing her chocker( not greyhound ) and she jumped out of her run and was hanging her self got there after .5 secs, thank god I seen her do it, she'd be dead! So I spent $10 on her check chain

I want a silver or white with blue eyes stud for nala. She's got a few flaws so we'd have to search a very long Tim and its gunna take a long time to fix her back. She a little off but it's not as bad as her dads back.

When looking to breed, color should be far down the list in Siberian Huskies. Conformation, temperment, and health screened hips and eyes are the first considerations when choosing a partner for your dog. Ideally you want a dog that will fix your dogs faults or enhance her good traits. But without knowing genetics, and your dogs bloodlines, you may not know what those are. This is why the research I suggested is important.

Another FYI regarding females in heat. They can get bred through chain link fence. It happens a lot more often than people realize....

Supervise ANY time outdoors, or even better, like others have said, all outdoor time takes place on a leash until the heat cycle passes.

Yeah, that's I shortened her chain when i got home a found out she's in heat. I haven't ran her since she went in heat cause one time I tried, a pack of neighbor dogs started to follow. they stayed their distance but i picked her up and carried her home so no one could reach her.

When looking to breed, color should be far down the list in Siberian Huskies. Conformation, temperment, and health screened hips and eyes are the first considerations when choosing a partner for your dog. Ideally you want a dog that will fix your dogs faults or enhance her good traits. But without knowing genetics, and your dogs bloodlines, you may not know what those are. This is why the research I suggested is important.

I know but it would be awesome if that right dog was a silver!
And hers a few pics I just took.

I just LOVE my nala girl, I'd be much happier if she was spayed but I realy would like a pup from her but I don't think she's fit for it.

Back
Top Bottom