Sled dog breeding

I know we're they go, I know who the owner is and all my nebiors have meet nala, all our nebior who have live stock, we have given perssion to them to shot her and any of our dogs if need be. All our nebiors have given everyone that right.

Livestock owners don't permission from a dog's owner to shoot a dog on their property. State law gives them that right.

CHAPTER 47.--LIVESTOCK AND DOMESTIC ANIMALS. ARTICLE 6.--PROTECTION OF DOMESTIC ANIMALS. SHEEP, CATTLE OR HOGS.

47-645. Liability of owner of dog for damages.

If any dog shall kill, wound or worry any domestic animal the owners of such dog shall be liable to the owner of such animal for all damages that may be sustained, thereby to be recovered by the parties so injured before any court having competent jurisdiction.

History: G.S. 1868, ch. 105, § 44; L. 1911, ch. 313, § 1; May 22; R.S. 1923, 47-645.

47-646. Killing dog lawful, when.

It shall be lawful for any person at any time to kill any dog which may be found injuring or attempting to injure any livestock as defined in K.S.A. 47-1001, and amendments thereto.

History: G.S. 1868, ch. 105, § 45; R.S. 1923, 47-646; L. 1947, ch. 303, § 2; L. 1996, ch. 90, § 8; July 1.

County laws may be similar.

DON"T SAY THAT!!:( I'm not ready for puppies! the only dogs i know of that roam around the neighborhood are labs. that and coyotes.  I saw my border collie trying to mate w/ her but he got fixed when he turned 1. he is 2 now

More bad news then. The scent of a female in heat can travel a mile away. So you may not know how many or which dogs bred with her. It is possible that male dogs you have never met and live a good distance away found her.

Last edited:
I know we're they go, I know who the owner is and all my nebiors have meet nala, all our nebior who have live stock, we have given perssion to them to shot her and any of our dogs if need be. All our nebiors have given everyone that right.

Any caring and responsible owner would try and contain their dog rather than tell people to shoot it. I just don't understand people who invest in an dog, pay for medical care, train it, then just say "oh shoot it if it becomes a problem". Putting the dog on a chain or building a enclosure for it is much preferable to letting it roam and risk getting shot, especially if you know the dog is harassing and killing livestock. Protecting our animals, even from themselves, is our responsibility as pet owners.

Nala not the only sib in my area. There's 3 others but neutered though.

I know how that goes. When I moved here I was the only one with Siberians. Then a man up the road, a wanna be puppy mill, got an adult pair of silver siberians. The dogs broke their chains and started running the neighborhood. My parents and I got tons of calls from people who know us telling me "my Siberians" were on the streets. 1 person even tried to catch "my Siberians" for me. When the local people discovered that those were not my dogs, well someone got a pair of lovely Siberians as new pets. Knowing the kind of man the original owner was, I am happy those dogs were picked up by someone. Better than then being bred every heat, getting hit by a car, catching diseases, getting attacked by the strays, or getting shot.

More bad news then. The scent of a female in heat can travel a mile away. So you may not know how many or which dogs bred with her. It is possible that male dogs you have never met and live a good distance away found her.

That's happening with nala! She might be coming in heat soon. Urge! I've already seen 10 random un-nueterd dogs! This is going to be a bad cycle. I know most the dogs but...., there's even a stray Cow on the loose, lol
And I know it's a law about the livestock stuff, but my nebiors are ones who would rather tell us. I personally don't like it but, my dads out to kill one of the nebors lab, cuz I watch there dog murder my show bird ONE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. So I'm for the law..,..,

I know how that goes. When I moved here I was the only one with Siberians. Then a man up the road, a wanna be puppy mill, got an adult pair of silver siberians. The dogs broke their chains and started running the neighborhood. My parents and I got tons of calls from people who know us telling me "my Siberians" were on the streets. 1 person even tried to catch "my Siberians" for me. When the local people discovered that those were not my dogs, well someone got a pair of lovely Siberians as new pets. Knowing the kind of man the original owner was, I am happy those dogs were picked up by someone. Better than then being bred every heat, getting hit by a car, catching diseases, getting attacked by the strays, or getting shot.

Lol, and well I'm very happy for there new owners. I LOVE silvers!

Any caring and responsible owner would try and contain their dog rather than tell people to shoot it. I just don't understand people who invest in an dog, pay for medical care, train it, then just say "oh shoot it if it becomes a problem". Putting the dog on a chain or building a enclosure for it is much preferable to letting it roam and risk getting shot, especially if you know the dog is harassing and killing livestock. Protecting our animals, even from themselves, is our responsibility as pet owners.

We try but when we had her on a leash shed get off it, and at the time we free ranged our chickens, shed kill some, so my brother has almost killed her, expesialy when she got in the Turky pen and hurt his hens so bad my dad had to blow there heads off. So when he came home he got his guns and was gunna kill her, I was PO'd with nala but I managed to get over that cuz no matter how much I hated her at that minute I still loved her enough to stop my brother, he was mad for three days then forgot about it, now he just calls her stupid. Lol, I love my nala.

That's happening with nala! She might be coming in heat soon. Urge! I've already seen 10 random un-nueterd dogs! This is going to be a bad cycle. I know most the dogs but...., there's even a stray Cow on the loose, lol
And I know it's a law about the livestock stuff, but my nebiors are ones who would rather tell us. I personally don't like it but, my dads out to kill one of the nebors lab, cuz I watch there dog murder my show bird ONE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. So I'm for the law..,..,

If she is showing signs of coming into heat, lock her up!

Back
Top Bottom