Smoky Mtn East TN

Glad to see our area represented. Any suggestions as to a non flighty bantam breed? Thinking Cochins

frow.gif
and thanks for stopping in. I have never had any bantams so I can't be of any help, maybe tnchickenut will reply I think she may know. You may also want to search on here and see if there is a bantam Cochin thread or review of them. Good luck and keep us posted.

Here's some updated pics of my Orpington cockerels. They were hatched first of September; so approx 5 1/2 months old.

Runt Blue Runt blue with older pullets

dark blue & back of black black

I have some game which I wont have for much longer and I got a BSL and a RIR last saturday ill post pics on this thread when I take some.

I have never had any game but have been told they make excellent broody hens. We have had RIR and BSL in the past. They were excellent layers of big brown eggs. The RIR we had did not do well with a mixed flock: they were mean to the other hens.

Just stopping in to say Hi. I used to lurk and occasionally post in that other thread. I pretty much stick to ducks and with the weather we have had lately, I'm glad I do
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom