So I took it as an omen...and here I am!

crowdofmyself

Songster
Jun 10, 2018
Athens, GA
I ordered a patio gazebo from Wayfair that arrived with two of the most important bolts bent beyond usable. I asked for replacements of those two bolts, and they sent me a whole new gazebo and said keep the old one for spare parts! So I said to myself, okay, this means I don't have to buy a kennel or a run but can build me a run with the spare, so instead of waiting until next year, I'm going to go on and get a small Formex Snaplock Coop and start planting chicken goodies around the gazebo.

Please, somebody, tell me if you think this will NOT work:

https://goo.gl/WVG9Zb

I'm thinking hardware cloth skirting and rise around the bottom, anchored with concrete blocks on the outside that I can plant with liriope or something, then enclose it up to the top and put, rather than the cloth gazebo roof, chicken wire on the roof. Coop inside, of course, locked up at night.

Anyway, I'm excited now.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! I am glad to meet you. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do.
farmer connie welcome 5643.gif

I ordered a patio gazebo from Wayfair that arrived with two of the most important bolts bent beyond usable. I asked for replacements of those two bolts, and they sent me a whole new gazebo and said keep the old one for spare parts! So I said to myself, okay, this means I don't have to buy a kennel or a run but can build me a run with the spare, so instead of waiting until next year, I'm going to go on and get a small Formex Snaplock Coop and start planting chicken goodies around the gazebo.

Please, somebody, tell me if you think this will NOT work:

https://goo.gl/WVG9Zb

I'm thinking hardware cloth skirting and rise around the bottom, anchored with concrete blocks on the outside that I can plant with liriope or something, then enclose it up to the top and put, rather than the cloth gazebo roof, chicken wire on the roof. Coop inside, of course, locked up at night.

Anyway, I'm excited now.
:welcome
I think it will work! :) Just make sure it is anchored well.

Back
Top Bottom