Quote:
I make a BIG batch when I make mine and freeze it:
10 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 onions diced
stock or broth to cover
16 oz container sour cream, we use light
salt and pepper to taste
little bit of olive oil

Saute onions in oil until translucent, add potatoes and broth just to cover, boil until potatoes are tender. Turn heat off. Puree, we have a stick blender and do this right in the pot, add sour cream salt and pepper and blend again. Turn heat back to low and let simmer for a couple of minutes.

droolin.gif
Simple, but oh so good.... and freezable.....

That sounds good, I've only ever used my grandma's "recipe"

Lots of potatoes, peeled and cubed
enough of each:
carrots
celery
onions
she used garlic salt, I just use garlic
salt, pepper

put in enough water so you can just see it below the veggies (you don't want watery soup), cook til they're soft and done but not mush. If you have too much water pour some out. Add a stick of butter (or more depending on the size of the pot), and half & half. Grandma always served it with hot bread or rolls and sausage patties (cause it's not a meal without meat of some type)
wink.png

Quote:
I like to make my chili with at least 3 or 4 different types of beans (one of which has to be black-eyed peas) and a can of whole kernel sweet corn. The corn adds a nice sweet touch...I discovered this when I didn't have enough cans of beans once several years ago!

I like black-eyed peas for ham and bean soup too...made with smoked picnic ham. The BEPs add such a meaty flavor and substance to things.

Quote:
They should be fine, that recipe was adapted from one that used leeks! I just can't find them out here so I used the onions instead
lol.png

Great to know, Thanks!

Okay,,,,yesterday peeled about 4 pounds of apples......Bought a humongous box of them and saw them starting to wrinkle...They are organic and nice yellows and reds...

Either fried apple pies, or apple cake or apple pie....Maybe some of both.....Think We'll bring some to neighbors too,,,,CHurches are called off in our church so folks will be home due to icy roads.

Good thing to do for early afternoon visiting...

Have ground pork.....Need to make something to go with the homemade corn tortillas I made yesterday but didn't cook.....

Maybe stuffed with ground pork, pepers etc and covered with a nice mole sauce or is that just too weird...

Must think of more to cook!!!!

JoJo would you share noodle recipe please....I'm trying to make some and mine are a bit on the heavy side!

Also, please we need some geese egg noodle recipes!

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom