South Carolina

Hey, all! After four long days of packing up our house, it is finally done! We close on Friday. Whew.... I had no idea it would take as long as it did but it was a busy weekend with other stuff going on so we had limited time. I sure did miss the farm. The great thing is that we are now full-time residents of the farm no matter what! Woo hoo!!

We had a baby lamb born today! I'm hoping the rain will mask the birthing smells for the coyotes.

46722_p1000708.jpg

Quote:
Yes! That is exactly why I like them. Purely egg laying machines! I've thought about raising up some hens and crossing them with different roos to see what the egg colors would be since white is easily "washed out." True, Marans should give good cream color. I was thinking of an Amer. Roo for mine
big_smile.png

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT---Here's my baby @ 12 weeks!!!!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/72213_112311160137.jpg

Wow! That's really wonderful. Ultrasounds rock!

Susanne that is great. I get so excited when we have a new baby goat.
Also Farmer John congrats on your soon to be new chick.
ya.gif

Well my flock has just expanded. I ordered orpington eggs form Hinkcj and all but 4 hatched. Big beautiful babies.
love.gif

Quote:
It took me a minute to find the little lamb! How cute! Hopefully those impressive rams can keep the coyotes away.

I just finished my chicken chores for the day. Some days it's fun to do the chores, other days not so much. But today was one of the days it wasn't so bad until I noticed how well the wormer is working
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
Awwww! What a cute critter. I love little babies! And what a beautiful photo with pretty animals.

Enjoy the move and decorate plenty for Christmas. This will probably be the most memorable one you ever have.
woot.gif

I fondly remember our first mobile home with the cramped spaces. It was 10x60 and had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths so you can imagine how cramped it was (the double bed filled the master bedroom!) and cold as the dickens, drafty and somewhat pitiful but those were good times. Pretty much glad they are over though!
clap.gif

Quote:
Awwww! What a cute critter. I love little babies! And what a beautiful photo with pretty animals.

Enjoy the move and decorate plenty for Christmas. This will probably be the most memorable one you ever have.
woot.gif

I fondly remember our first mobile home with the cramped spaces. It was 10x60 and had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths so you can imagine how cramped it was (the double bed filled the master bedroom!) and cold as the dickens, drafty and somewhat pitiful but those were good times. Pretty much glad they are over though!
clap.gif

Dixiebeast won't remember because she was just born but my first MH to set up housekeeping in was 10x45 2br 1bath...barely enought room but was home! Home is what you make it in your heart! I would rather have more land than building because I LOVE the outdoors!!! Thank you God for nature!

Quote:

woot.gif

clap.gif

Dixiebeast won't remember because she was just born but my first MH to set up housekeeping in was 10x45 2br 1bath...barely enought room but was home! Home is what you make it in your heart! I would rather have more land than building because I LOVE the outdoors!!! Thank you God for nature!

Give me land...decks outside...and a BIG A KITCHEN!!! i dont care about the rest!! My next house will have a 2000 sq ft kitchen!!LOL

Hey everybody, I haven't been on much lately as I just can't find the time. Thought I would let you all know that I am reducing my flock and have a few birds for sale in case anyone is interested. I need to reduce my workload a bit with the chickens as I just don't have time to get everything done. I hate to part with any of my birds, but I have decided to stop keeping the cuckoo marans, silver sebrights and probably my jersey giants. If anyone is interested, PM me for more info.

Back
Top Bottom