South Carolina

Quote:
Crap! If you were coming to Asheville I could make that. That is as close as I can get to Cherokee. Wonder if Karen is coming up that way..... I should email her.......
I love those Muscovy and I think your friend has been looking to place them for a while. They are so nice.

P.S. I need to get pix of that blue mottled girl I got from you last year. She is finishing up her molt and although way overmottled (as expected) she is darn tootin GORGEOUS.

Ooooohhhhh! Can't wait to see her!
And why do I get all the dark ones and you get the very over mottled ones? I know, I know! You pick mine for type, not color!
tongue.png

I am loving this new fella you brought me. He is so VURY handsome.
love.gif
I can't wait til those girls with him start laying.
I am getting an egg from my very dark roo pen, Ranger but am not sure if it is from the girl you brought or one of the others in that pen. I need to move the MFC girl out but I haven't decided who to breed her to yet and I think I will add that beautiful Mottled daughter of Cowboy's in with Ranger but she isn't laying yet.
Tons of plans! No idea which direction I am going most of the time though. I am setting some eggs from older birds and not pullets.
Cowgirl just started laying, I believe. Got a new egg from that pen and I think it could be her. She is in with Dan the Man right now. Due to extreme stress of changing pens I usually do 2 or more birds at a time.

So you didn't go to your folks this Christmas? Not getting together with your whole family? The joys you are missing!
wink.png

The over mottled girl I kept is laying again, so I bet the overmottled girl I gave you is laying. I have gotten a bunch of eggs from the cochin pen lately, but dont have any broodies or incubators running, so they are just sitting here. I need to start up the incubator one of these days...

I think I've only gotten one over mottled girl from you. The others have been lightly mottled or undermottled. That new roo I gave you should do some good work!

Btw, of the 3 brothers of his that I still have....1 is THE MAN. He is a mean jerk who attacks me at every turn. But he will be a great breeder
love.gif
He is FIESTY. So was his dad. He was mean as can be at first and then fell in love with me and was still a jerk but loved me. Hoping I can do that with this little monster. He shuffles at me every time i look at him.

There is another really overmottled rooster out of Cowboy and one of my best black mottled hens. I still have 11 of those babies although 1 is a failure to thrive and 1 is down on one leg. So, really 9 so far. About half blue, half black. Excited to see how they turn out!

My parents are out here for Christmas. We do it at my sister's house. I will be over there later today and tomorrow. Driving to Cherokee on Tuesday to pick up about 400lbs of rabbit feed (blue seal, not sold where I live) and a rabbit I dropped off to be bred the day I was at your place. Also bringing another doe to be bred....and might pick up some skinnies. She has 2 pairs plus 3 babies and wants to "get out" of the skinnies as she has a pet raccoon she raised from being orphaned and is worried he will mess with them as he grows. We'll see!

Quote:
I am glad you are getting time with your family for Christmas. It is sometimes really hard when family is scattered all over the US.

Blue Seal is harder to find locally for us, too. We drive to NC to buy it for the Guinea Pigs. Blue Seal is a great brand though.
I hope your girl is bred and will give you some nice show bunnies. And getting another one bred! Too awesome. Your rabbitry is growing quickly and you are going to have some nice ones to show this spring.
I can't believe you are getting into skinnies! You are going to have to knit them all little sweaters! They are funny little things but pretty cute. I am not sure that you have run into Elli yet at shows but she usually always brings skinnies to try and sell. She hasn't gone to too many shows this past year. She is in GA, close to Atlanta so goes to those shows the most. She shows a lot of photos of them on her FB page.
A pet raccoon. Brave. Yes, they would certainly see the skinnies as yummies!

I wish I could make it to Cherokee but not going to be able to get that far. Bummer.
As it is now, I am taking DD to look at a puppy for Christmas.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom