Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Hey Pip! I have been so bad about getting on here. I don't have a pic handy, but it is pretty straight forward. Get a food grade 5 gallon pail and at least 2 of the horizontal nipples. You will use an 11/32 drill bit to put two holes an inch and a half or so from the bottom. You hand twist the nipples in, fill it with water, and you are done. If you look up Solway side mounted (or horizontal) nipple, you will get pics of the nipples and assembled buckets. You can't order from Solway directly, but you can get them on ebay (make sure you are getting genuine Solway nipples though, there are a lot of knock offs out there and I don't know what the quality will be like). Mine don't leak at all!

I noticed yesterday that they're also available at Mypetchicken, so I guess others are catching on.
wink.png

For those of us with smaller flocks, any stiff/heavyweight HDPE/#5 plastic container should do - I've been using a 1 gallon container that was previously sitting unused in the pantry.

Hi all. I am a new duck owner from Long Island and looking for a young Call drake or an older very gentle drake as a friend for my 4 month old female. If anyone knows of someone that can help please let me know. Thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom