Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

60e84011-a882-e02d.jpg

Seems like a strange place to pip.
I think there is air cell there. The cells were big.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone; Well the little baby silkie is dead. I found her this morning.The other 5 look fine.Something like this does shake your confidence. I'm already nervous about the eggs I have coming. 5 days till the NJ show I'm excited. I'm going with Lichick28.I can't wait to meet her.It's going to be great. Good luck with your pips and zips everyone.

Sorry to hear about baby. Sounds harsh, but it really is better to remember survival of the fittest.
I try to do my best to make everything live, but we are just doing a disservice to them because they won't thrive.
And if we breed them, we are just breeding weakness into the offspring.

Hope to meet both of you there, I'll have 2 Silkies entered, and the chicken earring table in the vendors barn. Oyh.

Sorry to hear about baby. Sounds harsh, but it really is better to remember survival of the fittest.
I try to do my best to make everything live, but we are just doing a disservice to them because they won't thrive.
And if we breed them, we are just breeding weakness into the offspring.

Hope to meet both of you there, I'll have 2 Silkies entered, and the chicken earring table in the vendors barn. Oyh.
OOOO... the vendors get a barn??
yippiechickie.gif

Good morning everyone; Well the little baby silkie is dead. I found her this morning.The other 5 look fine.Something like this does shake your confidence. I'm already nervous about the eggs I have coming. 5 days till the NJ show I'm excited. I'm going with Lichick28.I can't wait to meet her.It's going to be great. Good luck with your pips and zips everyone.

I'm sorry to hear about the baby. I agree with Roberta, though, about survival of the fittest. It can be hard for humans to remember...

Hugs to you.
hugs.gif

Can I add my 2 cents to the wild animal conversation? My cousin in Narrowsburg posted this picture that he took yesterday...

I wonder if the DEC thinks this is a black Autralorp?

Back
Top Bottom