Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

Happy Saint Pattys Day everyone

New Chick , I forgot to say Hello and Welcome

Iris, where do you live again? I'm sorry I don't remember.

Christina, what's the deal with the auction?

Had to put little Pearl down. Richard did. This part of owning chickens really sucks.

thanks queenchick16, I'm right on the CT/NY border so I usually lurk on the CT thread but really this thread might be more relevant for me. I hope I get to meet allot of you at the Gossetts' Chicken fest.

Had to put little Pearl down. Richard did. This part of owning chickens really sucks.
I'm sorry about little Pearl. That really IS the part of owning chickens that's heartbreaking. We get so attached.

So sorry about little pearl. It has been a rough year for that for you.

As to the auction, it is a huge field (acres in size) with everything from trailers and tractors to antique farm stuff and everything inbetween http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/2030103.html It is a consignment auction.I think a lot of barns get cleaned out and put in that field. Mowers, sweepers, atvs, wagon wheels, toys, junk lots, last year i tried for an antique sewing machine that was still operational, they even auctioned off some livestock (two calves and sone chickens). I usually dont find anything to bid on, but it is always fun to go. I think every farm in 50 miles us there buying or selling. They do almist everything in lots though and they have multiple auctioneers going at a time (they just move from lot to lot). We usually go and then hit the little zoo down the road. This year i will have to decide between events...

Spring better get here soon though our i am going to keep putting on the pounds! I spent the day baking... White bread, rye bread, cinnamon rolls. Yum.
yummy jersey hen. I put on a few pounds this winter as well. Yesterday it felt great being outside working in the yard. We took down an old Dogwood to put in a Crepe Myrtle. Then putting in a Plum, peach and Apple. Queen chicken 16 I'm sorry for your loss. So sad. I live in Ridge. We are checking our calendar for April 12th if we can make it. I'm looking for a spinning wheel. I'll be getting wool from my friends two sheep in a few weeks.
Happy St Pats everyone. Just finished awesome Reubens and chocolate stout cupcakes.

Iris, I put in a Crepe Myrtle a couple years age. Right outside my kitchen window. I love it. It's cultivar is called Razzle Dazzle . It's beautiful .i just booked a room for the Sheep and Wool fest in West Friendship Md. Ill be staying 2nights. Leaving here Fri. May2 after traffic burns off (Thats a joke) and coming back Sunday May 4. The room has 2 double beds . So far only my friend Misty is coming. She also has chickens, knit sand spins. You are welcome to come if you don't mind sharing a bed and being with crazy people for a weekend. This show is suppose to ravel Rhinebeck. If you can think anything related to sheep , it will be there. Spinning,shearing, ewe sale, dog herding ,shearing, a billion vendors etc.....Think about it and let me know. My car seats 4 with plenty of room to bring stuff home if we all pack light .

Didn't get my peas in yesterday.First time in a long time.

Neither Roberta, Suzanne, Carolyn or Al have been on in forever. I hope everything is alright and they had a safe winter.

Enjoy the next few warm days everyone.

Rival not ravel I should proof read before I hit submit. Although ravel when talking about yarn and wool is funny. With spell check on , my computer thinks its a know it all.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom