Southern Ohio Poultry Show; Lucasville, OH; October 2+3

Quote:
I use to call in Dead. Not sick, because they would expect you back at some particular time. So I would tell my boss that I was calling out Dead, this way he wouldn't worry about me coming back in, because heck, if your dead you get plenty of time off, and no one expects you back any time soon!
cool.png

yuckyuck.gif
Ok This seems to be a Silkies only thread, sorry I don't have any of those.....YET! I would just like to verify that the "show" is this weekend and the "swap" is June 5th and 6th. And they are both held at the Scioto County Fairgrounds. Brody's Broodello do you ever sell hatching eggs, peeps or adult stock on your dun-laced bantam wyandottes? Do you have any pics of them you would care to share?
Thank You!

I'm still working on getting a good stockpile.
20866_dscn0420.jpg

20866_dscn0421.jpg

Very Nice! So do you just have the 1 pair? How about your Silver Laced? I have only seen a couple of the Dunlaced in person and I was not real impressed with them, but from what I can tell from your pics, those look like nice stock.

Thanks Danny! I am crossing the Dun Cock onto 2 hens that really won alot last year. The type on the Dunlaced is nice but putting them onto to really top notch Silverlaced hens should fix the minor flaws that they have. Hopefully will have some nice youngbirds for sale come fall.

Hey Brody's Broodello

Do you know if Gilda(Pompadour Silkies) is coming to this show??? If so she will have the Silkie report if not I need to print one!

Last edited:
I am sooooooo mad that I can't make it to this show!! I tried to tell them at work
that I would be really really dead on Saturday and they told me not to even think
about it!! LOL!!
I was hopeing that I might be able to pick up a really good roo while I was there
and sell some of these babies that I have and a few of my hens. Oh well. I guess
I will jsut have to wait till the next good show that comes around.
If only i could hit the lottery and be able to play with the chickens all the time! LOL!!

Ill let Brody's Broodello tell you about their BIG win!!! Congrats again by the way! WONDERFUL BIRD!

Serama show was a big success we had 49 total birds in Jr and open!

NOTE THIS IS SERAMA SHOW ONLY! TOTALLY SEPARATE FROM THE MAIN SHOW! just info for the people that havent ever seen how we do things!
Champion of Show was Troubadour shown by Valerie Messer(mom)
Reserve Champion of Show was a Black Hen by Tyler Messer(me)

Champion of Jr- Ambassador by Tyler Messer

Silkies (open)-
BB- Partridge Pullet by Valerie Messer
RB- White Pullet by Valerie Messer
BV Black by Valerie Messer

Jr Silkies-
RB- White Silkie pullet(dolly) by me
RV black- me

Cochins Jr.- RV White Hen

Calls open
Blue Fawn BV- mom
Buff BV and RV- me