"Spring/Summertime" Quilt Block Swap of 2010 **sign-ups closed**

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
2010 BYC Spring/Summer Swap Guidelines

Theme: Spring/Summertime Colors, Spring/Summertime Patterns, Spring/Summertime Print

My main rule here is to HAVE FUN!!!!!

Fabric: All fabrics used should be 100% cotton, very nice quality quilt appropriate fabrics. No flimsy fabrics, please. FABRICS MUST BE PREWASHED PRIOR TO USING. <---please don't let this stop you from signing up.

Colors: Any color fitting to the theme, which makes this pretty open. BUT no snow, fall leaves, etc. After all, this is for SPRING/SUMMERTIME.

Block size: 12.5 inches unfinished (will finish at 12 inches once put together. This measurement will be enforced.) If your blocks do not measure 12.5 inches when I get ready to swap them, they will be returned to you unswapped. I hate to be this way, but when the swappers put together their quilts and a block isn't the right size, it makes for a nightmare, or is simply a block that is unusable.

Block Pattern: Any pieced or applique pattern is fine, just keep at least one of the fabrics within the swap theme.

Number of blocks: This will depend on how many sign up. I will keep the thread updated of the number as we go along with sign-ups and a total at the end of sign-ups.

Blocks due to me: April 21, 2010. Blocks will be swapped and mailed out asap after all are received. I will only wait 5 days for stragglers.

Mailing: When you mail your blocks to me, be sure to INCLUDE INSIDE a SASE (self-addressed stamped envelope) with your address in both the From and To slots with the EXACT same amount of postage as it costs you to send them to me. If your packages do not have the appropriate postage, I will "return to sender".

Mailing: Here is a step by step guide.
1. After your blocks are complete, put some type of label on each one, so swappers know you made the block. This can be as simple as a clip of paper with your screen name on it.
2. Go to the Post Office and get 2 of the large Tyvek (plasticy-paper) Priority Mail envelopes. They are free. They are waterproof and nearly indestructible. Please don't use boxes to ship your blocks. They make your package weigh more and cost more to ship.
3. Address one of the Tyvek envelopes to ME (I will email my address to everyone at the end of sign-ups) with YOUR return address.
4. Address the second Tyvek envelope to YOURSELF with YOUR return address.
5. Place all of your completed blocks into the Tyvek envelope addressed to ME and also include the Tyvek envelope addressed to YOURSELF.
6. Do NOT seal the package yet!!!!!
7. Take your package to the Post Office and have it weighed to mail to ME. ALSO purchase postage for the SAME AMOUNT as to mail to me and put that SAME AMOUNT of postage on the Tyvek envelope that is addressed back to YOURSELF. (Example: Say it costs $5.34 to ship the package to me. You will also purchase stamps in the amount of $5.34 and place them on the envelope INSIDE the package that will be RETURNING TO YOU. So your total postage spent at the post office would be $10.68. After you have put the return postage stamps on the envelope inside the package. Mail your package to me.

Please post here if you would like to join. As well as posting here, please PM me with your email addy, so I can keep the addy information for this swap.

If I missed anything, please feel free to slap me...um...I mean ask me!!!
smile.png

Enjoy!!!

Disclaimer:::: This swap is not endorsed by BYC (owner, website, staff, etc.). The BYC Staff is not responsible and will not mediate if something goes "wrong" or a deal goes "bad". If you choose to participate in a swap, it is best to know who you are swapping with and not to swap more than you can afford to lose.

The BYC Staff is sensitive because of past swaps. We want our members to feel comfortable having fun with these and other social interactions, but please keep in mind that there were issues with some organizers and swappers bailing in the past.

Participants for the Spring/Summertime Swap of 2010.....

1. Acre of Blessing --- Recieved---Sent---Received
2. CoyoteMagic --- Recieved---Sent---Received
3. babymakes6 --- Received---Sent---Received
4. CedarRidgeChicks --- Received---Sent---Received
5. Chicknj --- Received---Sent---Received
6. ginbart --- Received---Sent---will receive her blocks in 2 weeks!!!!
ya.gif

7. Gingersnap6 --- Received---Sent---Received
8. PatchesNposies --- Received---Sent---Received
9. Nanakat --- Recieved---Sent---Received
10. CoyoteMagic --- Recieved but will send her second set back---Sent---Received (no one else got any of these--they were extras)
11. goldenluver --- Recieved---Sent---Recieved
12. babymakes6 --- Received---Sent---Received
13. 1 Florida Chick --- Received---Sent---

Last edited:
This sure sounds like a neat swap - Spring opens up so many colors and ideas.
I'm tryng to finish up some quilting and sewing projects so I'll have to refrain from joining any block swaps for awhile.

I'll check back in to see what you are all doing.
Have fun and please share your Springtime quilting creations.

prairiegirl

Quote:
Of course it is..........no set pattern for this one
clap.gif
Gotcha signed in Coyote

Oh, come on prairegirl.....you can use the blocks for a Birthday or Christmas gift.....you'll regret it later if you don't join now. I can already hear ya 6 months from now.....
duc.gif
he.gif

ummmmmmmmm

Me
ya.gif
Me
wee.gif
Me
celebrate.gif

Thank you for spelling out all the requirements so clearly!

I can do this
big_smile.png

umm, I have a question all ready tho, Do I just sign up for one block? I think twenty miiiight be a bit much for me to start with.

Yes, we will all do twenty blocks, send them to Acre, and she divides them and sends them back to us so we should have 20 different blocks and can make a whole quilt.
Come on-you can do it!
wee.gif

OK, I'm in, but only cause one more pile of one more unfinished project on my desk will send the hubs screaming from the house.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom