"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

I promised some of you pictures when my babies hatched but I've been really busy at my new job at a vet hospital. Two of my calls were born 5 days ago. My other one that has wry neck was hatched last night. I have another one that hatched this morning but it's still in the incubator drying off.

Also if any of you could tell me what color they may be, that would be amazing! Lol
ya.gif
So cute!!

I'm finally back! I've been so busy with my chicks I forgot to give a final update at the end of April.
big_smile.png
All the chicks are doing great; they grow so fast, and they are SO pretty!! Lena's youngest, who I was worried about for the first few days, is doing fine and is keeping up with all her older siblings. So far, their coloring seems to be coming in so that I have three mille fleurs, one calico, and one mottled buff columbian (I am guessing she is a "crop out" color, since the mille fleur coloring for Cochins is not perfect yet). Also Lena's eldest chick (hatched from her egg) is coming in brown with black mottling. The chicks are only three weeks old, but I'm already suspicious that my calico is a little cockerel...it's growing faster, has more feathering, and has a larger comb than the others. If I only get one rooster out of all of them though, that is REALLY good! (I have hatched more than my fair share of roosters, haha
tongue.png
)

(These pictures are from a week ago, so the chicks actually have more feathering by now. I just haven't gotten around to the weekly photoshoot yet.)
love.gif

I promised some of you pictures when my babies hatched but I've been really busy at my new job at a vet hospital. Two of my calls were born 5 days ago. My other one that has wry neck was hatched last night. I have another one that hatched this morning but it's still in the incubator drying off.
Also if any of you could tell me what color they may be, that would be amazing! Lol
Soo pretty!! More pics and we'll figure out the colors :) maybe ask @Chaos18
I'm finally back! I've been so busy with my chicks I forgot to give a final update at the end of April. :D All the chicks are doing great; they grow so fast, and they are SO pretty!! Lena's youngest, who I was worried about for the first few days, is doing fine and is keeping up with all her older siblings. So far, their coloring seems to be coming in so that I have three mille fleurs, one calico, and one mottled buff columbian (I am guessing she is a "crop out" color, since the mille fleur coloring for Cochins is not perfect yet). Also Lena's eldest chick (hatched from her egg) is coming in brown with black mottling. The chicks are only three weeks old, but I'm already suspicious that my calico is a little cockerel...it's growing faster, has more feathering, and has a larger comb than the others. If I only get one rooster out of all of them though, that is REALLY good! (I have hatched more than my fair share of roosters, haha :p ) (These pictures are from a week ago, so the chicks actually have more feathering by now. I just haven't gotten around to the weekly photoshoot yet.)
they look very happy!!

I'm finally back! I've been so busy with my chicks I forgot to give a final update at the end of April.
big_smile.png
All the chicks are doing great; they grow so fast, and they are SO pretty!! Lena's youngest, who I was worried about for the first few days, is doing fine and is keeping up with all her older siblings. So far, their coloring seems to be coming in so that I have three mille fleurs, one calico, and one mottled buff columbian (I am guessing she is a "crop out" color, since the mille fleur coloring for Cochins is not perfect yet). Also Lena's eldest chick (hatched from her egg) is coming in brown with black mottling. The chicks are only three weeks old, but I'm already suspicious that my calico is a little cockerel...it's growing faster, has more feathering, and has a larger comb than the others. If I only get one rooster out of all of them though, that is REALLY good! (I have hatched more than my fair share of roosters, haha
tongue.png
)

(These pictures are from a week ago, so the chicks actually have more feathering by now. I just haven't gotten around to the weekly photoshoot yet.)
Awwww, Love broody hens and chicks.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom