Stella's Social Club

I've never heard of a Branzini.
hu.gif
It is a European type of sea bass mostly farm raised in Greece using sustainable practices. It is ranked as a best choice by Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch Program. I use their guide when purchasing seafood. It was my first time cooking whole fish and it was quite good. Michael complained "about the bones." Not much you can do about that in a whole fish! If you lifted the center bone it all came out intact. Then there were just a few small bones dow one side. Not a problem for me!

Time change is freaking me out! Gotta go feed the animals!

Last edited:
The time change is making me weirder than usual - I don't think anyone has noticed. Is that fish usually served en toto - head, tail vacant eyes ? - I'll pass

The time change is making me weirder than usual - I don't think anyone has noticed. Is that fish usually served en toto - head, tail vacant eyes ? - I'll pass
When frying trout, you can tell when it is cooked by looking at the eyes. They kind of cloud over.

Hunan's in Davis California serves a whole fish on it's menu.

It is very tasty.

It can be served that way, but I removed the head before serving. Leaving it on maintains the moisture during cooking, so they say. I agree to not wanting a fish head on my plate.
sickbyc.gif

I am embracing the pescetarian diet and fish heads are just a part of it!
hmm.png

The only thing I dislike about while broiled fish is the smell - I refuse to cook fish in the oven, it stinks up the whole house
sickbyc.gif
. They look great, just like the whole grilled sea bass we got in Portugal
Michael Ruhlman says if you overcook fish that is when it smells. Honestly, I cook fish nearly every night and the smell in the house goes away quickly. Just have to remember to empty the trash!
sickbyc.gif

Thanks Ron, TMI the image of clouded over fish eyes will stay with me forever. Our late guppy looked like that & we never cooked him.
I usually cut the head off though.

There is a creek on the East side of the Coast range mountains that has protected native trout in it. They are the best tasting fish ever but you can only catch two of them a day.

Back
Top Bottom