Stella's Social Club

my lil crafting mess on the chair hiding behind dixie lol
idunno.gif
it's a house I live in it I make messes....I clean messes...messes happen.. if you ever photographed a chicken you probably had a mess happen right before the camera.....
hu.gif

You guys crack me up.

Does Feta count? Otherwise I get a zero too.

Those stools are a little weird.

I may put a couple eggs in the incubator just for a fertility check - would really rather wait to actually hatch more like beginning of March, but I really need to know if my little one-and-only roster is doing his job.

You guys crack me up.

Does Feta count? Otherwise I get a zero too.

Those stools are a little weird.

I may put a couple eggs in the incubator just for a fertility check - would really rather wait to actually hatch more like beginning of March, but I really need to know if my little one-and-only roster is doing his job.

Bye a couple, you mean 12 or so right?

I'm exhausted, but B4 I tell you why, super nice backsplash, Mary! I need to get up the guts to do mine now.

After doing so much research that we were crosseyed, we went out of the house by 9:30 a.m. to go SUV shopping, third time scoping out what was available around here. We haven't bought a vehicle in 15 years. My Lumina is a 1996 and Tom just yesterday sold his big gas hog 1994 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab 4x4 truck to a local guy. We needed something decent on gas, but also, something that he could get in and out of easier with his disc disease than my car. A small SUV seemed the perfect choice, though I swear, my 3.1 L V6 on my Lumina gets as good or better gas mileage than all the 2.4L 4 cylinder engines of today, 22 city, 28-30 hwy, plus it has POWER. Today's vehicles are completely different animals than the last ones we bought. And for our location, sometimes a 4WD or today's AWD is a real plus. I don't relish walking home from a couple of streets away like some of my neighbors must do in slippery, snowy weather.

So, being afraid to have just one old vehicle and one of us getting stuck somewhere, we went about an hour south, our little town not being flush with big car dealerships. And we found a good one, albeit a few years older than we intended, has some zip and responsive steering, with super low miles for its age; even has a 3 year warranty, plus the actual car dealership's 2 year basic warranty they give on all used vehicles. Doesn't have the horsepower I'm used to, but you gotta give up something. Got a good deal, I think. Two things talk-cash and perfect credit. Wish I'd had all cash, but only had a down payment from the truck sale and 812 credit score.

At least, we got fed pizza and coke by the sales lady, we were there so darn long. I told her I knew why they were doing such a brisk business today-everyone saw that couple who hadn't bought a car in 15 years signing on the dotted line and thought, hey, if those tightwads are buying there, we gotta go check it out! So, they sold ten cars after we decided to buy ours and the place was jumping. We didn't get back until 5 p.m.
th.gif

Here is a video before they take it down.

http://video.dmotorworks.com/video/CarVideo.html?d=FD20377&stock=V157&w=480&h=360

If you can't see the video, here is the little snookums. Wish it was green or gray but at least it isn't white or red (ick). My older son would love it. He never buys anything but black vehicles. Guess if we keel over dead, he won't turn his nose up at it if it's still here.
hmm.png

The seat looks worn in this pic, but it isn't, just glare, late in the day. It's like it was barely driven, only 51K miles.

Thanks, Kelly, I think it's appealing to look at and has excellent crash test/safety ratings, so I hope it will be a good one for us. As soon as it's paid off, hopefully in half the time we borrowed for, we'll have to replace my Lumina, too. That car has heart, been excellent since I got it in 2000, but it's just passed 150K miles (I know, very low miles for a car that age) and stuff starts to happen. Heck, you wouldn't believe it but we almost can't find tires for it anymore! It's nuts!

Back
Top Bottom