Stella's Social Club

Here's a few quick pics from my iphone on a Sunday morn. Love everything 'golden'...

"Heritage Sunflowers & Buff Rocks"

tongue.png

Nice pics!

Today was picture day here too. We had a rough start to the day as I let my Icelandic broody out with her chicks. There was broody fighting between Dusty and my Icelandic hen, and baby chick chaos. Both mothers would accept all of the chicks, whether theirs or not - they were just fighting with each other. Then my Icelandic hen and my Olive Egger broody who hasn't hatched her chicks yet got in a fight. I was just about to lock my Icelandic hen back up when things seemed to settle a bit. So I decided to carefully watch and hope that they would be okay.

Both of them brought their babies outside to play.

We ended the day with a peaceful standoff. Both broodies and babies are fine.

Last edited:
This is Dusty's welsummer baby that you don't see in the first picture. Caught her sleeping today.

My OE's at the waterer. The one that looked splash at hatch is feathering in blue.

And a random picture of my 3 month old Black sex link pullet (Welsummer/BR)

And a 3 month old barnevelder pullet:

Tonight I submitted my final pics for the free food photography class. I rushed and didn't like the results but this weekend was just to busy to stress over this class.

We had to photograph the same subject with high and low key light.

We had to shoot something with a continuous white background.

We had to shoot something with a pour or a splash. Michael helped me by dropping an ice cube into the glass. We had one shot with a nice big splash but for some reason it wasn't saved.
hmm.png
I had to submit this!

Anyway I am glad the class is over. Now I can just practice what I learned with submission deadlines.

I love the first picture and the fruit!

I got to play "catch the icelandic babies" tonight as they haven't figured out the ramp yet. Well, the little black olive egger figured it out. The other 3 were standing by the ramp cheeping.

Back
Top Bottom