Strange toenail? Anyone seen this

Nov 30, 2021
Just yesterday I noticed Buttercup my cuckoo marans has a strange toenail - it almost seems like it's upside down and a little smaller? I don't remember ever noticing it before (and I spend a lot of time looking at these chickens) but it's been muddy the last week and her feather feet sometimes are hard to see. Her leg looks normal otherwise. Tomorrow I'll get a closer look, I just need to go out with a towel to wipe her dirty feet, but here's a photo. Anyone seen something like this?

Attachments

• IMG_70E345CEAE94-1.jpeg
    IMG_70E345CEAE94-1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Sometimes an infection can cause this. Or maybe was caught in something. Or simply getting older. Definitely get a closer look, rinse the foot off and check the nail bed for discoloration and so forth.

Sometimes an infection can cause this. Or maybe was caught in something. Or simply getting older. Definitely get a closer look, rinse the foot off and check the nail bed for discoloration and so forth.
she's not even a year old. I will take another look but there are no other visible issues with her foot or leg etc.

thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom