Successful vent prolapse treatment - with photos

Would raw orange blossom honey work? I don't have an operating camera or phone available to take any pictures.
Yes.
If she has exposed tissue due to a prolapse, the goal is to keep that tissue moist so it doesn't dry out and turn necrotic.
Honey, sugar pack, triple antibiotic ointment, coconut oil, vaseline....whatever you have that will stay on the tissue to keep it moist will be fine.

I do recommend that you get some Calcium into her. You can give her 1TUMS or if you have Calcium Citrate (like Caltrate) you can give that. Calcium will help with retention.
If she's got black scabbing on the vent from being picked, it may not go back in. You may need to treat her for several days and let the swelling go down, then try to push the tissue back in.

She won't keep the prolapse in though. I have been trying for three days to keep it in
I understand you don't have a working camera. Do you have a friend or family member that can take photos for you to post?

Sometimes it can take a while to stay in. Sometimes a prolapse may be too severe and it can't be fixed. But I'd keep trying for a little while longer.

ok. It isn't really black though. It is more whitish and greenish. It looks like caked on poop. I do have calcium citrate, but the bottle of them is not very big and we might run out within a week and a half or maybe even less

I am using petroleum jelly. And yes I am using rubber gloves. I don't think I would be able to continue this without them

ok. It isn't really black though. It is more whitish and greenish. It looks like caked on poop. I do have calcium citrate, but the bottle of them is not very big and we might run out within a week and a half or maybe even less
That's ok, I'd give her calcium for a few days to see if it helps with retention when you push it back in.
If the white/green material is really stuck on there, you may need to coat it well with your vaseline to soften it.

Hope you are able to get this resolved. Keep us posted.

Hope you are able to get this resolved. Keep us posted.
I put petroleum jelly on it and it went back in on its own. I kept the belt on her and so far, every time she strains it goes back in on its own. She is talking to me right now and it is very adorable. I hope that she turns out okay. So far, today is looking the most hopeful.

I put petroleum jelly on it and it went back in on its own. I kept the belt on her and so far, every time she strains it goes back in on its own. She is talking to me right now and it is very adorable. I hope that she turns out okay. So far, today is looking the most hopeful.
Glad to hear it's staying in.

Is she able to poop?

Back
Top Bottom