Also, Pekin, if from a meat-line, don't tend to live very long. They get large and it's hard on their system.

I'm very sorry you lost your girl like this. It's always heartbreaking, not only fur the human caretakers, but as you see, for the duck companions too, sometimes. :hugs
From the video would you say it is stress related or that there is something wrong with my other female. Her breathing is incredibly heavy, ruffled feathers, she hasn’t moved from the spot she was put in and when I approach her she hisses but her breathing is very audible and her chest is noticeable too.

Thank you for your condolences, I won’t be having anymore after my others pass, it’s far too heartbreaking for me. So concerned for rosemary now

Her breathing is so loud and audible you can hear it from when you go in the door and you can see her chest visibly moving, would you still put a male with her?
No, but if she can see a friend through a barrier that may bring some comfort.
Could you get a picture of her? Is her tail down, or pumping up and down? Is she fluffed up at all?
What's the temp where you are?

here’s a video of rosemary
It wouldn't hurt to get some calcium into her, If you haven't already

Do you have any calcium gluconate, or calcium citrate pills?
I do agree with earlier guesses that she could've eaten something toxic, but there's no harm in also ruling out an egg.
(I'm skim reading through now, forgive me if I'm repeating what's already been discussed)

Her breathing is so loud and audible you can hear it from when you go in the door and you can see her chest visibly moving, would you still put a male with her?
I think it’s her stressed out not sick
She just lost her mate and then got taken from the others
She maybe really uncomfortable and that’s why she is acting this way

It wouldn't hurt to get some calcium into her, If you haven't already

Do you have any calcium gluconate, or calcium citrate pills?
I do agree with earlier guesses that she could've eaten something toxic, but there's no harm in also ruling out an egg.
(I'm skim reading through now, forgive me if I'm repeating what's already been discussed)
Hi, I don’t have any calcium gluconate but I have crushed oyster shell. She has just had a little bit of sweetcorn and I’ve let her into the garden just with the others she is preening herself but her left wing seems to be dropped, any ideas? Both males seem to me incredibly chirpy and Spritely. She’s moving okay but seems very subdued and going about things in a slow fashion and not very vocal.

Hi, I don’t have any calcium gluconate but I have crushed oyster shell. She has just had a little bit of sweetcorn and I’ve let her into the garden just with the others she is preening herself but her left wing seems to be dropped, any ideas? Both males seem to me incredibly chirpy and Spritely. She’s moving okay but seems very subdued and going about things in a slow fashion and not very vocal.
She is just a bit shook up from everything
Hopefully she settles
My daisy after her sister died was very stressed to
The dropping of wing or up down like the video is usually being stressed out

I think it’s her stressed out not sick
She just lost her mate and then got taken from the others
She maybe really uncomfortable and that’s why she is acting this way
I’ve just put her out with the others and she’s preening herself, I think it may just be the stress of it all, that’s what Im hoping anyways. Her left wing does seeem to be a little drooped but I don’t know if that’s because she’s got a slight case of wet feather which is just making her wings look more prominent or whether I’m paranoid :confused:

She is just a bit shook up from everything
Hopefully she settles
My daisy after her sister died was very stressed to
The dropping of wing or up down like the video is usually being stressed out
What would you say in regards to my goldie that passed? The only thing which concerns me is her neck and why was one eye closed and glazed over and the other open? I suppose it’ll just haunt me forever and I’ll come to know in the upcoming days if it was anything contagious :(

What would you say in regards to my goldie that passed? The only thing which concerns me is her neck and why was one eye closed and glazed over and the other open? I suppose it’ll just haunt me forever and I’ll come to know in the upcoming days if it was anything contagious :(
Well it’s hard to say
Heart attack
Egg laying issue
When mia died at the vet I had her on the table sitting like they would on grass
Neck was nicely out and I was petting her. Then all of a sudden her tail spread out and her body got stiff and she died just like that. She didn’t fall over
Just died sitting up with her head and neck up normal
Was the craziest thing I had ever seen and the most traumatizing for me
It still haunts me and it’s been almost 2 years
But my other 2 I had at the time are still doing good
No issues from them ever
I have added to my group and have 14 now

No, but if she can see a friend through a barrier that may bring some comfort.
Could you get a picture of her? Is her tail down, or pumping up and down? Is she fluffed up at all?
What's the temp where you are?
The temp is 13 degrees Celsius
Well it’s hard to say
Heart attack
Egg laying issue
When mia died at the vet I had her on the table sitting like they would on grass
Neck was nicely out and I was petting her. Then all of a sudden her tail spread out and her body got stiff and she died just like that. She didn’t fall over
Just died sitting up with her head and neck up normal
Was the craziest thing I had ever seen and the most traumatizing for me
It still haunts me and it’s been almost 2 years
But my other 2 I had at the time are still doing good
No issues from them ever
I have added to my group and have 14 now
gosh that’s awful :( I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s such a tragedy to lose them so suddenly. I just hope as awful as it seems that it was some isolated incident where she’s eating something or passed from natural causes as I really couldn’t cope with something happening to the rest of my flock. They’re almost like your children when you hatch them from their little eggs

Back
Top Bottom