Sumatra Thread!

you know what is a good job to do for people who don't know much about chickens. is to help them clip their chickens toe nails. or if they are having troubles with a sickness with one of there chickens help them doctor it or if you know the sickness tell them how deal with it. I have been payed money to do this and I did not even want the money but they insisted that I should get money for helping them so much with their chickens.

So I went back to where everyone was talking about the Dun gene, etc., and I was wondering. What would you get if you bred a khaki to a blue? Just out of curiousity.
smile.png

Blue and Dun (Khaki) can combine and "double dilute" a bird, the resulting color is called Platinum.

Juvies.

Platinum roo I used to own.

That's the sort of thing I'm talking about, stuff that includes chicken. And also are neither had all his hens taken, so if I get him a contact for more hens, do you think that is a Money earning opertunity.

Also how do you all keep your roos from having tattered tails? I'm assuming some free range. I would love to but can't do to my mom's show dogs. So how would you keep them from being tattered in a chicken tractor?

Not being negative but my Sumatra who is in a coop is getting tattered feathers, and the one who is free range is getting better feathers. But I've been told that if you clean the feathers with conditioner and then dry them with a hair dryer you will have great feathers on your bird.

umm it is has nothing to do with my birds health. my birds are very healthy. they are in good shape for sumatras. I found out that the temp on my incubator was at 98 instead of 99 when I last checked it. that is too low for them to hatch well. I am sorry but it has nothing to do with their health. because if you look at my sumatra's in the photos they are not sick or unhealthy looking. sure I know you would think that because of the hatch rate that it must be my birds but that is not the truth.

I am sorry you misunderstood my post. I was not saying your birds are in poor health.
I am suggesting that you may want to improve the fertility rate of the eggs before offering
at those prices. I know I would be very upset to not get many chicks from the hatch. I am
sure you take care of your birds just fine. You may need fewer hens per roo to get good
hatch rates or if you think it is incubator temps then try again at different temp so
you can post better rates. Good luck
just because someone had a low hatch rate does not mean that bad fertility was to blame. There is not enough information here. There are just too many unanswered questions. Were several of the unhatched late quitters? Were any of the eggs clear when candled and not fertile? Did any pip but not hatch? The data is not sufficient enough to say low fertility is to blame.

Back
Top Bottom