Sumatra Thread!

then your fertility is very good. Without data opinions are just words. Best of luck selling your eggs.

thanks
big_smile.png

I went to a show today in Haddam neck CT and I didn't see a SINGLE Sumatra! Would that be because of rarity or just uninterested people?! I'm pretty confident that these are highly sought for birds...but I also had hatching eggs and wasnt able to sell them:( I missed the registration time so I wasn't able to show mine:(

I went to a show today in Haddam neck CT and I didn't see a SINGLE Sumatra! Would that be because of rarity or just uninterested people?! I'm pretty confident that these are highly sought for birds...but I also had hatching eggs and wasnt able to sell them:( I missed the registration time so I wasn't able to show mine:(
I think its a lack of interest in them, lots of people say "How pretty" but that's its, I get the same with my gold and sliver lakenvelders.

it is also very hard to get them into feather on time for the shows. a sumatra is lot of work to keep in top condition. their feathers don't grow as fast as other breeds. they are also rare. I am lucky that I have a lot of people around me who raises sumatra's. I don't like it when I am the only one showing sumatras in the show because that means no competition. and I like competition.
barnie.gif
it tell me a lot on how I am doing with breeding them.

My Sumatra hen is sitting on a clutch of 10 eggs. Hope they'll all hatch!
fl.gif

She built her nest in the new goat house for my Nigerian baby... She's no dummy, it's nice and cozy warm under the red heat lamp. So they are sharing digs for now. The goat has been good about leaving her alone, even when I lock them up at night.

How long does it take for the roo's tail to really fill out?

i read it takes 2 years for a cockerel to mature fully.

and good luck with the hatch.
How long has the hen been sitting?

Back
Top Bottom