Sumatra Thread!

Glad to see that I'm not crazy. I've felt "the green" and thought I was a little "off" I guess you could say
roll.png
. But I chalked it up to being like when I use to pet/ brush the appaloosa that I use to ride. You could feel her spots also.

That's nice but it doesn't mean you're not crazy.
tongue.png

Picked these two up yesterday froma guy who has been breeding chickens for well over 15 years. 8 months old. Feathers got a little beat up while bringing them home. I also have what I believe to be a leghorn hen. She's about the same age

Last edited:
Nice feather quality. That's the reason I like judging Sumatras-like the way they feel. I've often thought of buying just one hen so I could pet her when I was having a bad day.
An old time poultry judge-Charlie Burmaster-when talking about the colour of a good black bird said "you can feel the green".

That is exactly what you penalized my bird for at last years fall show. The better bird was really super smooth like silk. I have definitely paid a little more attention to that when picking my show birds:) thanks!

Picked these two up yesterday froma guy who has been breeding chickens for well over 15 years. 8 months old. Feathers got a little beat up while bringing them home. I also have what I believe to be a leghorn hen. She's about the same age
I like the some of the blue lacing on pullet. Nice start :) However, I don't think you have a leghorn pullet. Lacking a lot of the features including white earlobes.

Thanks.  Any guesses as to what she could be?  When I got her I was told golden comet, which certainly isn't true.  Maybe some sort of mixed breed of some type?

I would say you got your hands on a cute little white pullet. She most resembles a hatchery style white Plymouth rock.

Back
Top Bottom