Sumatra Thread!

I have pictures of my two new hens I'm very happy with the younger one.
Their feathers don't look great because of being in a box together for three days but i think they will look good in a few week's.

That's the older one, she has a brown feather in her tail.

Is that scaly leg or is it anything worse? just because if her can be treated i will treat them soon as because it ruins her looks.

the younger hen who i think with Sid would make some lovely chicks.

she has a fairly long tail as well

i love the young one a lot, the old one is alright but the young one i thing is great.

Thanks you two, i think we should push to get the brown into the standard. because Bruce the one with the brown is lovely natured and a real gent, but the brown sets him back.
He actually seems fairly clever for a chicken, he works things out easily.

i would like to try breed one clutch with the two new hens i got, just to see what i get, but what's the point if the chicks are most likely to come out brown.

I was told that if you were to breed brown Sumatra's for ten years they would eventually turn black, is that true?(breed the brown out)

Boggy Bottoms on here is working on this color in sumatras. Your rooster is very pretty, and even if you decide to show your birds, you can still have this side project going. You never know it might help you find more Sumatra people near you and they to might be interested in this project. But bottom line is always to do what works for and makes you and your birds happy

ok i for one would LOVE to have a bird that looks that stunning!!! if anyone ever hatches a LF sumatra that has the browns and reds as raph's has please let me know!!! i will pay for the bird and shipping!!!
such a black FACE!!!
love.gif
lol im goin gaga over that sucka!!!

Last edited:
chicklettesarge so sorry mate on Tuesday i sent a brown one over to England to my dad to be killed. But don't worry it wasn't as good as Bruce. if you want ill breed Bruce with my hen with the brown feather and ill keep them for a while and give you the best looking one. you could have it for free long as you pay for shipping. I do live in Ireland, would it be a bit far tho?

Back
Top Bottom