Sumatra Thread!

I believe he is almost 4.5 months old. I pulled what little tail feathers he had because they got ruined during the move. He should be interesting to see once they grow back.

Thanks,
Katrina
Is his tail always that low or is it just the picture?

Is his tail always that low or is it just the picture?
Its not the picture. You are right it looks low. He is missing the top four main tail feathers on each side, so maybe that is why he looks that way. I guess I have to wait and see how he matures out along with the other cockerels. All of my cockerels and pullets start out with low tail sets and as soon as they mature, they continually strike the pose until the day they die. I never use birds with high or below horizontal tails in my breeding program. I also dislike "rounded" tails that I see on all too many sumatras now a days. I apologize for the long answer.

Good catch!

Last edited:
NWSumatras........you have some gorgeous birds. You if
were closer and the birds were LF I would be drooling on
them personally. I have managed to get some nice sumatras
this past spring and I am working with them. The heat here
is not helping.

[COLOR=008000]NWSumatras........you have some gorgeous birds. You if[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]were closer and the birds were LF I would be drooling on[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]them personally. I have managed to get some nice sumatras[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]this past spring and I am working with them. The heat here[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]is not helping.[/COLOR]

Thank you! Oh I'm glad to hear you got some nice birds. I'm working on my standards too. I can't wait to see some of yours. As for the sun, if its over 70, its too hot. Lol I feel so drained in it as well. Ugh! Im on here too much thanks to having Internet on the go :) I think I'm going to put my time into better use as well as make a website. I got my artwork to start up too.

Good luck with those birds!

@NWSumatras those birds look great. I really like the one black pullet and the blue pullet is not so bad in my opinion i like her. I cant wait to see photos of them in Fall when they are really filling out. Great job with your breeding you can really see the hard work you put in!

Not sure how great this pic is. I'm curious as to what you all think of my DD Sumatra Roo. I think he's close to type, but I'm still learning

Last edited:

Not sure how great this pic is. I'm curious as to what you all think of my DD Sumatra Roo. I think he's close to type, but I'm still learning
If you could get a good level side shot of him, it would help a lot with someone being able to tell you something about him. This slightly angled to the top photo will hide the angel of his tail and back line. At least for me it does.

Back
Top Bottom