Sumatra Thread!

Does anyone know of a sumatra breeder in the SE Iowa region? I finally found out a week ago! The showing ban was lifted because the levels of bird flu finally went down. I was hoping to get a trio or quad that I could try to work on.

This is my rooster Rannoch and his two girls Harlequin and Cupcake. They are all friendly especially my rooster who loves to just sit on my arm. He is just over 6 months old today. I have two hens the same age. I am located in British Columbia. I was wondering when my hens will start laying?

This is my rooster Rannoch and his two girls Harlequin and Cupcake. They are all friendly especially my rooster who loves to just sit on my arm. He is just over 6 months old today. I have two hens the same age. I am located in British Columbia. I was wondering when my hens will start laying?

couple more months... my girl didnt start laying till 8-10 mo... you have some stunning fowl there red! are they LF or banty?

They are bantam size I think. Its hard to compare tem to my moms large fowl because she has meat birds. The girl with the black mark on her chest is a definite Bantam size, and smaller then the others a little bit because of problems during hatching but other wise she seems fine :)

That's a cool looking splash cockerel! I'm looking forward to getting a splash LF from my blue flock. Cool little trio you have

That's a cool looking splash cockerel! I'm looking forward to getting a splash LF from my blue flock. Cool little trio you have
Thank you. I am calling the Female on the far right (Blue Splash) because she has another big black patch like that on her other side. I am hoping breeding her to my splach will give me some more like her with even more black patches on them and some white.

Bad photos I know, but I wanted to show off the color on my Sumatra cross rooster - momma Sumatra had a fling with a white frizzle Cochin rooster. These guys were free range hatched and live with my goats :p

:fl Hello was wondering if anyone in the Florida area has any Sumatras for sale or know where I can get some. Thank you,
AnnikaLF

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom