Summer Quilt block swap - We use similar colors, but each pick a different block

nheimberg

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 12, 2010
Calhoun
Here is my idea....Lets work on these this summer and get them ready for Fall. My proposition is to do a fall colored quilt. (oranges, reds, browns, darker yellows, greens, etc). We each pick our own block. We will make the number of blocks according to how many sign up. Minimum 12, maybe up to 16, of we can get that many. They will be 12" blocks.

There are TONS of free patterns on the web. I really like the site we used last time.
http://www.quilterscache.com/BlocksbySizeC.html That link will take you to the 12" blocks. There is a difficulty rating on each block. This way, we can each choose a difficulty based on our experience. Im not a very experienced quilter, so Im not going to choose a Super hard block with 35 pieces to piece together. Im not that brave...lol
Applique blocks are fine to choose, there are several on that page. I will post a list of names and the block they have chosen. Lets each pick a different block.

No time limit yet. Its nearly April, can we get these done by June? Im open to suggestions.

~Natasha

I don't really have to go the fabric store.... But I want to. I haven't been to a fabric store since Christmas!
th.gif

Last edited:
Can I sign up for Friendship Star?

I think Mid June would be good for me. Gives me a little time after school works out.

I was thinking a fall leaf pattern(s) w/ a solid taken from it for the main star portion (probobly a yellow, orange, reddish brown, or red)

Last edited:
I think purples would be great.

Im adding request of blocks to the second post. Please check to make sure they are correct as I add them.

Mid to late June sounds good to me also. That is 3 months +/- to complete the blocks. Ample time in my opinion.

I think purples would be great.

Im adding request of blocks to the second post. Please check to make sure they are correct as I add them.

Mid to late June sounds good to me also. That is 3 months +/- to complete the blocks. Ample time in my opinion.

ok than from my side...........yellow orange and purple. 1 question............12" means finished ( in the quilt), so it will be a 12.5" unfinshed (single block) block, right?

Love fall colors!!! I would love to join in on this swap. I would like to do the Solomon's Star. June due date would be good for me too. Thanks!

I love it.
Autumn colors that could include some plum/burgundy/etc. Sounds great to me.
clap.gif

I think, with summer being a tough time for folks to predict, late June would be good. I wouldn't mind building in a little extra time for those special summer days...

ETA: While "Contrary Housewife" and "Broken Sugar Bowl" were tempting, I don't want to go against this star trend. I will choose the Sawtooth Star and I will promptly run to the fabric store tomorrow. Just to look around.
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom