Summer Quilt block swap - We use similar colors, but each pick a different block

I'm very excited to be doing this project, and getting to know a different group of BYCers.
frow.gif

I do love the star theme. That would be really cool! I need to choose one now. Let me go looksie. Im waiting on my iron to heat up. Ive got to sew some bloomers tonight for pictures tomorrow. I have no motivation tonight.

I should be:

Cleaning out the duck coop.
Picking up more hay.
Making Chocolate Bouchons for a friend's BBQ / "talking party", but here I am on BYC.
I plan to hit the fabric store today.
Yesterday was spent going to the weirdest Garden Center I have ever been to - not my kind of garden store, I told my sweetie - and driving to Boston & back.

Five people have signed up so far
celebrate.gif
... I hope the weekend brings a few more victims... I mean, new friends...
wink.png

Last edited:
Wow, If enough people are choosing purples, I will go toard the yellows, shoud be a nice way to bring out the purple shades. ( I love purple )

I guess I'll wait and go to the fabric store (or used clothes store - where great fat quarters are available in the form of mens and womens cotten dress clothes, and pre- shrunk!)

I've quilted with neighbors, mom, and grandma, and made a few easy quilts, but his is my first time on a quilt block swap! I
love.gif
the idea!

... Still here on BYC ...
hide.gif

Last swap was my first one.
I used to quilt & sew a lot, but knitting took over.
Now I like to break up knitting time with sewing time.

The last swap helped improve my skills a lot, and motivate me to do more quilting. It is safe to say I am hooked.
I am working on a pair of knit socks for my sweetie. He is hiking 2,663.5 miles (at once) starting in April. The socks will be his sleeping socks.
Once I am done with those I am also working on a knit quilt. My goal is to knit one hexi-puff a day until he is home from his hike, then sew the quilt together.
Here is a link to a picture of the knit quilt:
http://tinyowlknits.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/the-beekeepers-quilt/

By the time he's home we'll have more quilts than any family needs. At the rate I am going...

I am in!! I'm doing the hunter's star. I'll stick with greens and tans (think girlier camo colors, maybe a plum if a few are doing the purple thing).

We werent specifically doing them, but I think it will be fun. If you can choose a star block that would be great...if not, its ok too. Ive got you added to the list, just waiting for your block choice. :)

Back
Top Bottom