Superior hatchery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
or so he say's, good way to let himself off the hook, do you believe that all of a sudden he just found out given his ( sitting at the right hand ) position at the hatchery. I know this deal has been in the works for many months, I'll put it this way, do you think a business of this nature will tell there customers that they will close on such and such a date and risk the loss of any orders they already had due to cancelations. Believe what you will, this sale was a done deal last fall.

AL

Quote:
Check back in 2-3 weeks !!!!!........................ yeah, you mean well after all the birds were shipped out of state for sale, and the phone lines are shut off. I just feel the customer needs someone protecting them.

AL

Quote:
Not quite sure why you're so "sour grapes" about the whole thing. I got my eggs this past week and they were well packaged unlike last year when some people had some very poorly packaged eggs with many broken. Time will tell how many hatch, but that is the risk with any shipped eggs. Danny has been very nice to deal with, both last year when I was unable to get the eggs I wanted and this year when I was tried ordering again. As with any business the owners are free to run it, or close it as they see fit.

Last edited:
I am glad you have had some good experiences with them.

AL

Quote:
or so he say's, good way to let himself off the hook, do you believe that all of a sudden he just found out given his ( sitting at the right hand ) position at the hatchery. I know this deal has been in the works for many months, I'll put it this way, do you think a business of this nature will tell there customers that they will close on such and such a date and risk the loss of any orders they already had due to cancelations. Believe what you will, this sale was a done deal last fall.

AL

I think there is more to the story than you know...so yes I do believe Danny.

I can't say I'm all that surprised. I had hoped that Danny could keep up the good progress he was making since that awful manager got canned. Unfortunately, the owner must have gotten upset that more a profit wasn't being turned. The owner expects instant results...being the business man that he is. When it wasn't happening fast enough for him, well. We can all see what's happened.

I hope Danny gets a darn good pension out of everything he's had to deal with there.

My Orp Bantam girls's parents were from Superior Farms which they were all bought off from Don Chandler when he sold all of his bantam flock to them some years ago. The quality of those two girls are beautiful and typey and broody! I was glad to get them from a guy out in East Coast I believe who hatched the eggs from a lady named Megan Bennett in OK who bought her Orps from Superior Farms. Sorry I am not planning on breeding these girls anytime soon. No Orp guy for them.

I had a black roo that is a brother to those girls and I gave him away to a good home.

I didn't hear anything about an auction, but I know a few of our fellow poultry breeders are getting a lot of these birds. We were offered the choice on LF Barred Rocks, but passed them up. I have enough. I'm sure most are spoken for now. By the end of the first day most of the flock was spoken for. My husband talked to the gentleman handling the dispersement.. and I think he offered to take a couple pairs of White Calls.

I hope everything works out for them.

there is more to the story than everyone has heard, yes it was decided to close months ago but Danny did not know anything until just recently. he has done a good job and I believe they will regret shutting the farm down. my understanding is he has only been there 2 years and that is just not enough time to bring a place back up to par, especially with the reputation it had before. and it is my understanding there is no real pension for him, he is just out as of April 15th and will be moving back to Florida. sure hope he still has some of his own birds in Florida, he always had nice ones.

I don't think there's any question that Danny got screwed here. I would presume he and Norma still have birds back home, she never left FL after all. What a mess though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom