Superior hatchery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my understanding is that Norma did stay in Fl and has raised quite a few birds on her own. I'm sure she will be happy to have him back though. It is a mess, and he was really starting to make a name for that place!

The dispersal is being handled by the Reverend that advertises in Poultry Press. Sounds like most of the stuff is sold, although is still stock left. I know they have LF polish and some other breeds available.

It is too bad. I spoke to Danny briefly and he seemed like a v ery kind and friendly fellow.

It is too bad, they really had some nice birds out there. My understanding is the same, that Rev Romig is handling all the sales and most of it has already been sold. Too bad they did it that way, I'm sure Danny would have been capable of handling the selling of the birds. I was told it was decided behind his back to have Romig do the selling, he was told at the last minute. I would think that would make it hard on Danny, people calling him about buying birds and he has to refer them to Romig. It will be interesting how it all eventually ends up. Good luck to Danny and his wife though!

I'm sure there must be a good reason thing are being handled the way they are. Tom

well, found out more this weekend, apparently the decision was made behind Danny's back and he did not know anything until he was given notice. he was asked to stay on until April 15th and continue to set eggs and hatch them to fill orders already received. Rev Romig is in charge of the dispersing of the birds, he has an auction he runs, and has already sold a majority of birds pre-paid. Danny had no idea he was coming the first weekend in April to disperse these pre-paid birds, just heard it through the grapevine himself. Romig of course is going to make lots of money off this deal, my understanding is he gets paid well by Mr. McGinnis. Pretty crappy way to do someone who has been loyal and hard working for the past several years, and not to mention how much he brought the quality of the farm up. He basically started with lots of "old" breeders and had to start from scratch and I think he did a great job. Good job Danny Padgett!! Just a shame that Mr. McGinnis didn't give it more time to grow. All the luck to Danny and his family and it's really a shame to think of some of those rare breeds going to an auction and goodness knows where they will end up! Shame on the owner of the farm!!

Don't know where you're getting your information but Danny hasn't been there for "several " years. As TomNY said there's probably a reason they chose to do this the way they did.

Quote:
Shame on the finger pointers who complain but will not do anything to ensure the survival of "those rare breeds going to an auction". Come back in 6 months and tell us how you've helped. Tom

not pointing fingers, just saying what i know and have heard. as a matter of fack i have been doing my part, i have ordered several chicks from superior farms in the last 2 years for the 4-h kids and have had great success with them. now we will no longer be able to get those rare breeds from hatcheries. not trying to offend anyone and certainly not pointing fingers, just sorry to see a great place shut down where folks can get purebreed chickens for themselves and 4-h kids.

i GOT MY EGGS FROM HIM LAST WEEK TO AND SAID they are closing up and he is moving back to Florida. I had bad eggs last year and he made it right thats all I got to say he is a standup guy who got screwed over

Today I recieved my White,Black and Brown Leghorns from them.I ordered the babies on 03.06. All are healthy.Mr. Danny Padget is very nice to work with.I am sorry they are closing the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom