Surviving Minnesota!

Morning Ralphie. Warm and cool zones are a must for any brooder.

I need to run down and let birds out. Still in Jammie's.

We have ice on our roads up here. I wonder if the eel pouters are all safe?

Morning Ralphie. Warm and cool zones are a must for any brooder.

I need to run down and let birds out. Still in Jammie's.

We have ice on our roads up here. I wonder if the eel pouters are all safe?

Is this eel Pout weekend?

I have never been there, but that is a lot more people and a lot more drinking than I care for. BUT the idea sounds fun.

Are we going to blessed with a Youtube of the Jammie run?

Morning, all ready had the girls out for awhile this morning. But, going to get a massage at 9:30, so they couldn't stay out to long. (Have to shower and get dressed) if anybody in the area is looking for a fabulous masseuse, my sister Lisa is at the avalon salon in Elk river. Very professional, she is very good. Even her instructors from when she went to school go to her. You can even book online. It is wonderful!
Good for you Ralphie staying home and doing work, and being good. I'm going to go be selfish first, lol

Good morning Folks!

Baby chickie problems are so sad, another reason to let a broody take care of everything. Even with the broody I like to give them mushed up hard boiled egg but I save the veggie treats until they are a little older. Down side of broody raising is the chicks don't get used to be handled by people as much.

We've only gone to the eel pout fest once and it was a blast! too much fun.

I remember when I was a kid my Dad would dispatch the weak or crippled babies. I think I know why now. It is easier than getting attached to them by trying to save those we can't. I am going to try and do that. 21 days is not very long for a chick to develop, with such a short "gestation" period stuff can go wrong.

enough of that..

I found a video of BC running to her coop in her jammies... I think it is funny how she tried to claim this is not her and someone in Alaska!!

watch BC run !

0.jpg

No video as my phone has no space.

I have not went to Eel pout for 20 years. It is not for me. It is for tourists and twenty year olds. It's a shot in the arm for local economy - that is all I will say for it and it serves that purpose well. But trash bags of feces for people to clean up and drink straws on usually pristine beaches in spring are not major attractors for me.

There is no vehicles allowed on the ice over the weekend. Just 4 wheelers and snowmobiles. I'm not sure how they'll deal with the rush to get ice houses off.

DH went down to get taxes done in the city. While driving on 169 near Princeton his rear tire blew. Totally gone-shredded. He said it sounded like a shot gun and happened while he was passing some one. I guess the driver of that car jerked his head hear the loud noise. Lol. So he sat on the side of the road wondering what to do and thought of a bank acquaintance who does a lot of business up north. A few moments later this guy showed up with tow truck, loaned DH his own truck to get to tax appt and fixed his vehicle. Pays to network I guess! I would have been setting there a while longer I'm afraid. Lol.

Last edited:
No video as my phone has no space.

I have not went to Eel pout for 20 years. It is not for me. It is for tourists and twenty year olds. It's a shot in the arm for local economy - that is all I will say for it and it serves that purpose well. But trash bags of feces for people to clean up and drink straws on usually pristine beaches in spring are not major attractors for me. It's a festival of pigs to be quite frank.
There is no vehicles allowed on the ice over the weekend. Just 4 wheelers and snowmobiles. I'm not sure how they'll deal with the rush to get ice houses off.

DH went down to get taxes done in the city. While driving on 169 near Princeton his rear tire blew. Totally gone-shredded. He said it sounded like a shot gun and happened while he was passing some one. I guess the driver of that car jerked his head hear the loud noise. Lol. So he sat on the side of the road wondering what to do and thought of a bank acquaintance who does a lot of business up north. A few moments later this guy showed up with tow truck, loaned DH his own truck to get to tax appt and fixed his vehicle. Pays to network I guess! I would have been setting there a while longer I'm afraid. Lol.

You could have or he could have called me.. I would rescue you.

Good morning all! I just got back in from taking the dogs on a several mile hike around the section. I have to be stuck in front of my work computer starting at noon until who knows when so i wanted to get out and get some sun. Our whole farm, People dogs cats and chickens, are out and enjoying the sun!

Good morning all! I just got back in from taking the dogs on a several mile hike around the section. I have to be stuck in front of my work computer starting at noon until who knows when so i wanted to get out and get some sun. Our whole farm, People dogs cats and chickens, are out and enjoying the sun!

What sun? It is overcast and yucky out other than being warm. 37 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom