Surviving Minnesota!

Oh no Northern smell great!

And taste better.

Now , about the non-descript descript EE, What can you tell me about the blue ear lobes? The blue is hard to see, it is surrounded by the white the photo show so well....

The genetics of these birds must be strange, to get a rose comb and now blue ear lobes when none of the parents have them.

Blue tint in ear lobes usually are associated with black skin . Like silkies . There is a project waiting for someone . Taking white faced black spanish and crossing to one of these new to us black skinned breeds . Blue faced would be very unusual .

Last edited:
Blue tint in ear lobes usually are associated with black skin . Like silkies . There is a project waiting for someone . Taking white faced black spanish and crossing to one of these new to us black skinned breeds . Blue faced would be very unusual .

That's cool!

I am going to have to try and find her tomorrow and see if she has black skin.

I have no idea who her Daddy or Mommy is. I assume an EE because I mainly hatched colored eggs, but I did throw in a few browns too.

Ralph that pullet looks like it has some CCL in it. Doesnt it??

Only the White on the ear lobe looks CCL to me. but it could be. Who knows. I was in Florida when so many of these eggs were set.

I suppose it is possible. That would make this one and that Transgender rooster Brother and sister. As Ole only got at that one CCL hen and only for an hour or so before I caught her and put her in the run again.

Other than the ear lobes she looks like several of my EE's. I suppose if Ole got to her one of the other roosters might have too, but she does not look like an Ed, Bert (CX) or my BA rooster I had last summer.

SO Ole gets blamed again!

Ralph I hope you dont mind.... I emailed a breeder in wisconsin about some Chanticler hatching eggs. I reallu like them!!

Back
Top Bottom