Teaching Ducks

I just felt bad because we dont gave a pond for them to play in
I don't have a pond for my flock of 9 Muscovy's and 4 geese they have kiddy pools and love them, yours will too just go buy one before they put them away for the summer.
smile.png

my garden is fenced in and they free-range all day, however if i leave either of my back doors open - they're straight in the house! I think it is possible to teach them though - mine know the boundaries i.e. that they're not allowed in the back door leading to the lounge - if i'm within eyesight they won't go inside, but if i'm not there they do try their luck and jump in!

my garden is fenced in and they free-range all day, however if i leave either of my back doors open - they're straight in the house! I think it is possible to teach them though - mine know the boundaries i.e. that they're not allowed in the back door leading to the lounge - if i'm within eyesight they won't go inside, but if i'm not there they do try their luck and jump in!
Some of mine will come in the back door too but my floors all old wood so I don't mind I just clean up and they usually don't go far once in.. You maybe able to shew them out enough times they begin to get the message.

Some of mine will come in the back door too but my floors all old wood so I don't mind I just clean up and they usually don't go far once in.. You maybe able to shew them out enough times they begin to get the message.

I think it might Confuse them that they're allowed in the back door that leads to the kitchen as that's all tiles, but not allowed in the back door to the lounge as that's carpet! Generally though they're quite good - they come straight in when I open the kitchen door but just hover by the back door in to the lounge!

I think it might Confuse them that they're allowed in the back door that leads to the kitchen as that's all tiles, but not allowed in the back door to the lounge as that's carpet! Generally though they're quite good - they come straight in when I open the kitchen door but just hover by the back door in to the lounge!
Mine are looking for a treat most of the time when they come in and usually get one they are very spoiled. Sounds like yours are too. Love your avatar.

I'm currently trying to teach mine "Jump", but the lil' jerks are too smart for me! I can't move past the treat stage and solidify the command itself, even if I pretend to have a pea in my hand to try and trick 'em into doing it 'cuz they know the difference! I dunno how they know, but they just know! So they simply will not jump unless it is to snatch a pea out of my hand.

Maybe someday it'll happen, but for now my dreams of a traveling performing duck act are shelved.
hit.gif

I'm currently trying to teach mine "Jump", but the lil' jerks are too smart for me! I can't move past the treat stage and solidify the command itself, even if I pretend to have a pea in my hand to try and trick 'em into doing it 'cuz they know the difference! I dunno how they know, but they just know! So they simply will not jump unless it is to snatch a pea out of my hand.

Maybe someday it'll happen, but for now my dreams of a traveling performing duck act are shelved.
hit.gif
yuckyuck.gif
maybe train them to ride a tricycle

Maybe someday it'll happen, but for now my dreams of a traveling performing duck act are shelved. :hit

Haha this is amazing!!! I taught one of mine to "turn" before he gets his treat. I tried to teach the other but she just turns and waddles off. Even a treat won't persuade her!! Keep going!

Back
Top Bottom