Tell Me About Orust

MadamPoofyBrow

Crowing
7 Years
Jun 15, 2015
I'm obsessed with anything rare and exotic. Orust are both, and they are now at the top of my need list. I've been researching, and the only place I can find any is Greenfire. I can't spend any $99 for a straight run chick. Especially since I'd have to get enough to guarantee at least a pair.
Is there anywhere else that sells these a bit (okay, a lot) cheaper. I want eggs, chicks, adult birds, I really don't care. Are there any breeders on BYC? Do you know of anywhere else that sells these guys?

@Eps32 got hatching eggs off Ebay not too long ago. My recommendation would be to check rarebreedauctions.com for either day olds or hatching eggs; you could get Orusts for a steal there. I agree, the breed is a stunner!
love.gif

~Alex

I'm obsessed with anything rare and exotic. Orust are both, and they are now at the top of my need list. I've been researching, and the only place I can find any is Greenfire. I can't spend any $99 for a straight run chick. Especially since I'd have to get enough to guarantee at least a pair.
Is there anywhere else that sells these a bit (okay, a lot) cheaper. I want eggs, chicks, adult birds, I really don't care. Are there any breeders on BYC? Do you know of anywhere else that sells these guys?

I have Orust . I may start my own thread. I have hatching eggs and chicks.

Orust is the new breed I added to my flock this year. I have three, only 12 wks old. I am not sure if there is a cockeral in the bunch or not.
But so far I really love what I am seeing. I am located in Utah and may be breeding them next Spring.

Hello! I'm new here. Did you ever get your Orest? I have a pair that I'm going to start breeding once the hen is old enough. She's only 9 weeks but the roo I have is a year. They are both stunning!

Back
Top Bottom