Tell your 'what the heck was that thing?' scary story

Quote:
I have similar thing, I find that a lot of times, when I'm upset, or just having a REALLY bad day, I smell cologne. It's a certain brand that I haven't smelled on anyone but an old friend of mine, who died years ago.

Quote:
Maybe a mutant coon? Or a one-eyed coon sitting on top of another coon and they just happened to blink at the same time?
hu.gif
I have no idea!

Quote:
'Someone' was looking out for her...I love hearing stories like these!

And I know precisely who it was.
wink.png
It's comforting, knowing that with all the possible terrifying demonic stuff out there, there ARE supernatural forces on the good side... and they outnumber the Enemy, too.

Quote:
Ok, MFB; pick one really good one and lets hear it...

Ok, this is just the latest one. Happened in December or early January just past. Every night just after dark I go out with a flashlight and check all the stock on the farm, shut the chickens up in the coops, sometimes just stand in the dark with the light off for a while and just listen to the night sounds. I've done this all my life, just how I was taught as a kid to check everything before I go to bed.

This night it was about mid 30's and totally silent, no wind, clear sky full of stars. I walked out and down off our back porch, turned to go around the house and once I got around the corner and stopped for a minute to let my eyes adjust to the night and my ears to get used to the night sounds I heard a slight huffing noise towards the rear of our property. I listened close, turned my head side to side to hear better (I'm partially deaf in my right ear) and didn't hear anything else. I started slowly walking that way and after I got closer I heard a branch snap. My first thought was a deer, but to be sure I pointed the flashlight at the noise and clicked it on.

There was something huge and hunched over standing at the corner of our property. It was bigger than I am (I'm 6'5" tall and weighed about 285 at the time) It sort of raised it's arm to block the light and walked to my left towards my garden. I couldn't see it very plainly as I was using a cheap flashlight, was more a profile against the pitch dark night behind it, but it looked like a very large man in a fur coat. It didn't run, just sort of a fast walk on two legs but hunched over. I ran as fast as I could to try and get close to it, but it turned after about 50 yards and went into the brush and I lost it.

I walked back to the house and told my wife and kids about it, then remembered I hadn't finished shutting up the stock. So my son went with me and wanted to see if he could see some tracks. We walked back to where I had seen it go in the brush and we both seen it shuffle deeper into the brush. I would have thought it would have ran off, but it was standing just a few feet from where I had last seen it! Again, not a good look, but enough to know it was nothing that is in this area unless it was a person. While we were doing our checking of everything in the barn we heard a weird wavering cry in the bottom. I've heard that same call a couple of other times as a kid and several times while in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska. We went ahead, did our chores and went back in and went to bed.

The next morning when my son went to do his chores he ran in the house hollering "Come quick Daddy, there's tracks out there where we saw that thing last night!" A couple of weeks before this I had hired a dozer to push off all my old fence lines so I could put up new fences this spring, so there was a strip of bare dirt about 20' wide and it had walked right down this lane of soil. I wear a size 13 shoe and the tracks were almost half again as long as my feet when I placed my foot inside the prints. For me to match the stride I had to run and strech my legs as far as I could so that would have made it much taller than me. My son weighs about 150 pounds and with him on my back we could make tracks as deep as the ones in the soil, so a total of about 435 pounds. And the other weird point? Bare feet. In the winter. clear marks of a bare foot too large and too wide to be human in my opinion. The toes were flared out wider than a human, but looked more like a human footprint than anything else I can think of.

I tried to track it the next day, but lost it after about a half mile in the swamp.

What was it? I have no clue. Maybe a really huge hill-billy running around barefoot? I can't say, but I've seen this same "whatever it is" several times and know others that did too. My cousin works at the local diner and she said she heard several dozen people in claiming they had seen the same thing around that same time.

I was getting into the story and about halfway through it, my rooster crowed and I almost peed myself. I'm so done with this thread. LOL

Q9; I think my views are similar but different to yours. I am certain that there is so much more than we know or have the ability to know at this time. Like in biblical times, it would have been difficult to explain how radio waves work; but the ability to use them was there. I am a Christian, but I probably apply my beliefs differently than many Christians. I tend to apply the information in the Bible as if a higher life form was attempting to explain the proper way to act to a lower life form; like a human trying to explain it to a cockroach. I think it was written in a way to try to make the 'cockroach' understand in its frame of reference.

I think that there has to be some sort of balance between what we consider 'good' and 'evil'. It is similar to light and dark. You cannot make 'dark'; you can only take away the light. There is no dark without the light. I think the same goes for good and evil. You can't make 'evil'. You can only remove God, or, the light, however, one does not exist without the other. I firmly believe that we have complete control of how much 'darkness' we let in, if you know what I mean...

And as far as beings or entities that we don't understand with our limited 'cockroach' senses - you bet I think they are out there. It seems pretty arrogant to think that we know it all...

I find M'farmboy's story to be absolutely intriguing. I only wish that I could have been there with him and his son to witness the "being." Noodleroo, I m in complete agreement with your last post. How arrogant dare we be. All the answers? NO WAY!

Last edited:
Here's one more for "what the heck was that thing?" Back in the early 80's I was staying at the in-laws house on this particular night everybody went to bed with the chickens..except for me & my sis in-law we were up watching tv, I was sitting in a big chair & she was sitting on the floor right in front of me leaning up against the chair i was in, it was late ...all of a sudden a red transparent ball about the size of a baseball went floating across the middle of the living room! i sat there for a few seconds and finally i said ..Rhonda, and she replied, I saw it too, but i didn't want you to think i was crazy!!!

Back
Top Bottom