Tell your 'what the heck was that thing?' scary story

Wow. I've never heard of a Manticore. I loved that story. And I don't think you're crazy. I think there are lots of things that we don't know...yet...

Quote:
Thanks for not thinking I'm crazy, lol. I know it sure sounds kinda crazy, but I just can't explain it. Logic tells me it isn't possible, yet I know what I saw, and it fits those pictures perfectly, except for the wings. There were definitely no wings. One other thing I didn't mention, because I'm not sure how to word it, was HOW it was staring at me. It wasn't like any human or animal stare I've ever seen. It was almost like it was looking INTO me, I really don't know how to describe it. Really very scary.

Quote:
Thanks for not thinking I'm crazy, lol. I know it sure sounds kinda crazy, but I just can't explain it. Logic tells me it isn't possible, yet I know what I saw, and it fits those pictures perfectly, except for the wings. There were definitely no wings. One other thing I didn't mention, because I'm not sure how to word it, was HOW it was staring at me. It wasn't like any human or animal stare I've ever seen. It was almost like it was looking INTO me, I really don't know how to describe it. Really very scary.

This is a really great story. I've learned about so many new things I'd never heard of before and they are all so interesting!

Quote:
one of the creepier stories on here, for sure. something about the human face on it!
ep.gif
hide.gif

Quote:

gives me chills!!!!
hide.gif

Quote:
one of the creepier stories on here, for sure. something about the human face on it!
ep.gif
hide.gif

You know, it was the face that scared me the most. I mean, maybe that's obvious, but I remember just staring at it's face. It had very human shaped eyes and a distinctive human nose, but I don't remember what the mouth looked like. Something about the face was so.... bizarre. And it was small, that's also weird to me, I don't know why. I just remember sitting there absolutely frozen. It took me quite a few seconds to even scream. It just had this absolutely piercing stare.... gives me the chills too, even to this day, just remembering it.

I wonder how many of us had visions, dreams, or sightings of things when we were children that we, at that time, would have had no way of knowing it existed? My story like that involves a reoccurring dream I used to have when I was also around 5 years old. I remember some 'beings' chasing me around the house. One was a mummy (don't know if I knew what a mummy was at that age or not), and the other was a tall dark figure dressed in black. It carried a long 'knife' on a stick. I couldn't see it's face. If I remember correctly, it had no skin, the hands (only part of the body I could see) were only bones.

Now tell me, how on Earth would a 5-year-old child in 1980 know exactly what a Grim Reaper is supposed to look like??

Back
Top Bottom