Tell your 'what the heck was that thing?' scary story

wow
ep.gif

this again, like many other stories is not mine, but it is my aunt's scary story, it is not too detailed, but CREEPY okay then well my aunt was a little girl, around twelve i'm guessing, and she lived with her aunt, and her cousin, her aunt's son (her cousin) committed suicide, way outback behind there house, he hung himself, and my aunt claims that after he hung himself, or what she thought was after he hung himself, know one knew exactly when he did, she was in her aunt's living room, and down the hall through a window, she saw what she thought was his spirit walking past the window, and as he was walking past the window, the shower door in the bathroom shattered into pieces it was a scary moment for her i couldn't handle anything like that

I have an on going story. I am scared of pretty much anything, but this one thing freaks me out to no end and it happens pretty often.

Back in July, 2010, I had my Lab of 14 years put down. I was so depressed that that same day I went to CL and found an ad that simply said Free Poodle plus the number to call. I didn't tell anyone I was going, just went. When I got there an older lady pretty much throw this dog at me. Didn't tell me much but that she didn't need her anymore as she wouldn't have puppies. She had been kept in a rabbit cage for god knows how long. She also had new pads left on her toes or feet and had pee burns on her feet. She has huge scars all over her chest and neck as if someone has cut her throat. She was so scared on the way home, even bite me!

I took the time to love and care for this dog and now she is my right hand girl, Grammie. This dog will protect me from anyone. I mean little stuff. Like if she is on my lap and someone comes near me she will growl and bare teeth. Kevin even jokingly acts like he is going to hit me to make her mad.

Now, her comes the creepy part. I know I have heard animals can see and feel things we can't. Well, she will growl and bite at air for no reason. She will chase things down the hall even. Now this has gone on a lot at my parents house. I will just be setting there with her on my lap and then she just jumps up and starts growling with the hair on the back of neck standing up like she is protecting me, but nothing is there. The scariest time was when she started growling, jumped up off my lap, went running into my parent's dining room and then coming running back yepping like something had her, she even peed all over herself. Now my parents' have dogs and have lived there for 15 years, nothing like this has ever happened.

That one experience scared me so bad that I won't stay at my parents' home alone and still gives me goose bumps.

My son was home on leave and he brought home the series Super Natural. We had just watched 6+ hours of the show. It was 2:30Am and I was getting ready for bed. I was just setting up the coffee pot when I heard this wraspy voice very low and indistinguishable behind me. I turned and saw something poking thru the bird cage that was covered. It was my daughters cuckatoo using his devil voice. If I were a timid sort I would have run for the hills after watching them kill devils and spirits for hours lol

Quote:
I left some of the details out being a family board. When I said permanent injury I meant crippling injury though I believe one of the no seat belt wearing boys in the other car has some scars. No seat belt, going at that speed, well you can do the math as to what happened. If you can't and can drive a car, then you can PM me.

But I have to wonder if I saw some sort of guardian spirit or angel or what ever you want to call it in Peggy's car. I haven't seen her or her children in years, but what I remember of that little girl, there was always something special about her. She's always had a sort of ethereal grace about her.

While her brother was screaming and they were cutting her mother out of the car (I still can't believer her mother was able to go back to work a few days later with only minor injuries) she was as calm as a lamb on a warm spring day.

About 12 years ago we bought a fixer upper in an estate auction. The house had been severly neglected by the previous elderly owner but had good "bones". It took 3 30 yard dumpsters to empty out the prior owners belonings & hadn't seen cleaning products in years. So we cleaned it up put in a new kitchen & brought that house back to it's originaly glory.

On a sunny sunday afternoon shortly after getting everything in order, myself, my boyfriend and our roommate were sitting in the livingroom watching TV. All of a sudden there was a loud noise that sounded like a kitchen cabinet had fallen off the kitchen wall with a crash and the dishes rolling after they hit the floor. We all jumped up and started trying to figure out what had fallen & where. We searched that house from the attic to the basement and into every room and there was nothing out of place. We were all kind of perplexed.

Got to know the next door neighbors after that and they started telling me about the man that had lived in the house. Apparently he was not a very nice person. They told me he and his wife never had kids but his wife's sister was very poor and sent her two girls to live with them. They said he abused those girls in everyway possible. When the girls grew up they moved out and never came back. So with the girls gone he turned the abuse to his wife. The neighbors said he never let her out of the house and when she died (in that house) he had her immediately creamated. They had thier theories on whether she died of a natural death or not. As he got older he was confined to a wheel chair and needed in home health care. They said he ran off home health nurse after nurse because he was so mean. Never really thought much about all the stories.

A couple of years after we moved in, one of the cats popped a hole in our waterbed and we had to sleep in my son's room. (he was with his dad for the weekend) That was the worst night sleep I have ever had in my life! I sleep with my hands hanging over the side of the bed and all night it felt like someone kept grabbing at them. At one point I awoke to the sound of loud heavy footsteps running toward me. I opened my eyes to see a very angry transparent looking man stop running dead in his tracks when I looked at him. He then huffed stomped his foot and disappeared into a puff of smoke. I spoke with my boyfriend the next morning and he said he slept terrible too but wouldn't elaborate on anything. After that I moved my sons room to the other bedroom. I didn't want to scare my son at the time but a couple years later I asked him if anything weird ever happened to him in that house. He has always been a heavy sleeper so nothing ever woke him up but he did tell me the pull strings on his ceiling fan would start moving back an forth until they were hitting the fan and making a clacking sound even though the fan was not on and the windows were shut. I guess that was the room the guy had died in.

I moved out of that house 3 years ago and don't miss it at all!

Alright. I swear on my life that this is absolutely true: When I was 10, i was away at sleepover camp. It was being held at a college campus, and we were taking highschool classes. I was doing Creative Writing. Anyway, we had all written stories, and were reading them to each other, when the power went out. It was stormy, and cloudy, and dark, but only about 5pm. Anyway, after about 5 minutes, when it was clear the power was not coming back on, we left the classroom, and were racing down the hall, trying to get to an area with more emergency lights, so we could keep reading... anyway, I was in the lead, going SO fast down this semi-dark tile hallway, when I saw a reflection shimmering on the floor in front of me. I tried to stop, but it was too late. For some reason, when the power went out the water fountain overflowed a lot onto the floor. I slipped in the water, which was about 2 1/2 inches deep on the floor there, and fell backwards and hit my head. It knocked me out for a second, and then i tried to sit up, then fainted from the pain, landing face first in the water, and started to drown. at that point my classmates had caught up, and pulled me out of the water. I woke up again, and was in immense pain, but had a single minded focus that I had to climb the flight of stairs at the end of the hall. I insisted, and they let me, then they supported me on each side and walked me back over to the infirmary. On the walk through the mud, I was just looking at my feet, i was in so much pain, and it was pouring and really muddy. I was looking at my sneakers, and the sneakers of the girl on my right, super muddy. The girl on my left had what appeared to be white keds on, and I was just really interested by the fact that they didn't have any mud on them at all... even though the mud we were slogging through was up over the tops of mine.... anyway, after i got back from the hospital, i asked my friend who it had been who supported me on the left, and she said "Nobody was there. you had your arm out, but nobody was on that side." so either I totally hallucinated, (which is possible) or it was an angel wearing white keds....

I am a wanna-be believer. I really want to believe in this stuff, but I find it hard to believe. The only thing that keep a thread of hope for me are stories like this and my own three experiences:

First one I can remember like it was yesterday. I grew up in a family house that my great grandfather built in 1905 and died in. It has never left my family. One night I woke up and I saw a figure standing at the end of my bed. It was as if someone was just watching me, but I couldnt see anything but a dark silhouette. For a short moment (that felt longer) I looked at it and from the position, it seemed like it was looking down at me. I looked at it long enough to think "if I shut my eyes it will be gone when I open them." It was. I was about 10 or so. I never felt truly scared of the incident. It was more like I was surprised by someone being there. I always assumed it was my grandfather, but I have no true basis for that.

Second one.My mom was raised in very rural part of Louisiana. My papaw lived in a tiny shack in the center of three very very very large cow field that my mother's godfather owned. While he was still alive we spent every summer all summer there. My little brother had a very special bond with his black lab Dixie. She was very protective of him, would follow him everywhere and they would sit on a rocking swing together and "talk" all the time. Josh was about 4 at the time. Dixie died one year when Josh was about 6 or so,maybe 8, we were here in CT. We were occasionally allowed to go back to a pond in the field. Not very often though since water snakes and rattlesnakes were around. We very rarely went to the backside of the pond because it blocked the view of the house and scared me a bit. There were cow skeletons back there and we did like to peek though. One day a strange dog ran at us (not necessarily in an aggressive manner) from a bit of a distance, I remember immediately being scared but it was far enough away that I had a moment to process it all. A second black dog was running right behind it, and the black dog wrestled briefly, growling with and at the other dog. One dog ran off and the black dog ran in another direction and ran into a row of overgrown line of tree type bushes. I ran to where the black dog had run through the bushes since I was amazed at how much this dog had looked like my papaw's Dixie. When I got there and parted the trees to look in that direction, and there was livestock wire all along there with barbed wire on top. I hadnt realized the pasture ended there because of all the brush. No way a dog ran through it. I never thought much of it then. I was young. A few years later, I processed it more and kind of felt like Dixie was watching out for Josh.

Final one. That same Papaw died when I was in 7th grade. I never got to say goodbye to him since we lived so far away. I did not go to the funeral with my mother since I was in school and my mom flew down, and my parents struggled quite a bit financially when I was growing up. Years later, I was talking with my mom, who would frequently still cry quietly about the loss of her Dad. One of those episodes I mentioned that I never said goodbye. Some time later (early adulthood) , I had a dream about him. I woke up in his bedroom in the extra bed and walked towards the kitchen. I could see a man washing dishes in the sink as I walked through the dining room. This was the weirdest dream I had ever had, it felt more real than my real life feels to me at times! I could feel the ripped linoleum of the dining room under my feet, I heard the characteristic creek of the floor, but kept walking towards the man. I got to his back and stood slight off to his left. He turned to me with a smile on his face. I recognized his clothing and I immediately knew it was my grandfather- except it was a younger looking man, younger than he ever would have been when I was born. I hugged him, but in my dream, only came to his waist and as I hugged him so hard, I could even feel his big belt buckle on my cheek. I remember this intense intense feeling of relief and this unspoken feeling of a goodbye. We stayed like that for a moment while he rubbed my back a bit. I woke up in tears and content. Now I realize that this most likely a plain old dream and my talking about it with my mom sparked my subconscious. But the intensity of the dream- something I have never experience since to this day- I cant help but wonder if it means something more. I have tried to will myself to have similar dreams with other lost relatives but I have never experienced anything similar. It was like when you are in a dream and you know it is a dream as your having it. While I was in this dream and instead I knew it was real when I was having it. To this day, recalling this experience gives me this content feeling that truly warms my heart and I feel lucky to have that. Even as a skeptic- I said goodbye that night.

I had no intention to share, but after reading all your great stories, I felt compelled. I never talk to anyone about theses experiences. They are mine to treasure and hopefully one day I can be converted to a true believer. That said, I live in a house built in 1728 and I am next to a 1700's cemetery- and nothing ever happens around here.

Last edited:
tiffanyh; those were beautiful stories! Thank you for sharing them. I had a similar dream about my father! He died as the result of a car accident when I was 14, and I always wondered if he really knew how much I loved and admired him. A few years ago I had a dream that I told him how I felt. He told me of course he knew... I didn't see him in the dream; I just heard his voice, and it was his voice. I too, woke up in tears and relief... I choose to believe that it really was him...

Back
Top Bottom