Tell your 'what the heck was that thing?' scary story

I've got a couple stories that come to mind whenever I read this thread

The first one did not happen to me, but my mom. My aunt used to live in an old house that had previously been a civil war "hospital, and recovery area". My aunt had told my mom stories about how she would sit in the living room and crosses would fly off the wall. My mom never believed her about the ghost until one night. When I was about 6 months old, my mom was visiting my aunt. I was in a crib next to my mom bed in the guest room. My mom said she woke up in the middle of the night to find an elderly woman in a blue floral dress staring down at my crib and smiling. She looked up at my mom and my mom was so scared, she just flipped over and shut her eyes. The next morning she told my aunt. My aunt was able to describe the woman exactly. Apparently, my aunt would see this woman walking down the hallway, checking in on my cousins at night. Doing a little background research, she discovered that this woman lived in the house during the war and would check in on the soldiers to make sure they were okay.

My grandmother died about 12 days before my 10th birthday. On my birthday, I received a birthday card from her. My grandfather was never one to remember days, it was always my grandmother. He did not know who sent the card, but inside was a $20 and her handwriting wishing me a happy birthday. I still have the card now.

Another story that comes to mind always freaks me out when I think about it. I don't really remember my grandmother, only what other people have told me about her. I always knew she was a great cook, but she never old anyone her recipes and never wrote them down. One night a couple years ago, about 2 days before my 20th birthday, I had a dream about her. She looked like a corpse, and I was scared to death. However, when she talked to me, I was completely calm. She told me that my living grandmother had always wanted the recipe for her coconut cake, but she never let anyone know her secret. In my dream, my grandmother wrote down the recipe for me, and told me to give it to my grandmother. I don't have a photographic memory, but when I woke up, I could precisely remember the recipe. I wrote it down and gave it to my mom to give to my grandmother. My grandmother backed the cake for my birthday party, and was completely amazed that the recipe I gave her tasted exactly like my deceased grandmother's cake.

I've got one other story that freaks me out. I live about 45 min from Gettysburg, PA, so my family goes there a lot. One night we were on a walking ghost tour and the guide told us about a small creek called "bloody creek". They used to take wounded soldiers there because it was a fresh water source. One day, it rained and the creek flooded. All the solider that were placed there drowned. After the tour, my mom, myself, and my cousin went back to the creek and were taking pictures. I suddenly got the feeling of someone watching me, and I retreated to a streetlight and would not move. When asked what was wrong, I told them someone was watching me and pointed to the spot I felt the at. After we left, my cousin was looking through her photos and in the exact spot I pointed to, there was a foggy figure and you could clearly see a face.

Those are some pretty cool stories.

I have several strange stories but I do not remember which ones I have told on here. I do know I have not told this one.

I was volunteering at the global village during Panoply, which is a major arts fair in Huntsville Alabama. I was in full regalia teaching pine needle basketry when suddenly I was hit with a sever head ache.

Now I have a history of bad head aches, especially after my car wreck, but usually I have a for warning in the form of migraine "auras" as my doctor calls them.

But this time I had no warning, just sudden pain. SO I packed up and decided to go home early before it got worse. I packed up my car and got in and was sitting in the drivers seat massaging my temples when i heard three distinctive taps on my trunk. I turned to look over my shoulder and saw nothing, then I felt someone tugging on my braid. I whirled back around and nothing.

Confused I looked around before cautiously putting on my seat belt, starting the car and driving home

The moment I walked in the door the phone ring and I answered it.

An elder from a local tribe was on the phone. A very close friend of mine, whom I regarded as a brother, and who was an Apache whom I taught along side in the Indian education program, as well as a prankster who was always pulling pranks on me, had died suddenly of a heart attack.

The time of death? The same time I was sitting in my car with a head ache getting my braid pulled.

I couldn't make it to his funeral since his family had him buried with his deceased family, but 7 days later i went through a grieving ritual then went toe at with my mother.

I felt like I hadn't done enough. I should have contacted him more, or agreed to go on that last trip with him an others.

I just couldn't stop feeling like there was something I had yet to finish.

As i sat in the Chinese restaurant, the serve handed me my fortune cookie and inside was a fortune that said "It is done"

I started crying right there and the sense of incompletion lifted.

Hey guys! Remember the convo about the Biltmore here in Florida? Well I just found this article and there is hope for it after all!

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...ws/articles/bn9/2012/4/3/new_owners_emerge_in

Sorry, I haven't been back to visit this thread and just now saw this entry. This is great news! Thank you featherfinder for posting it. I bet the entities that are living there are very happy also......
wink.png
Paranormal activity should pick up as the renovations continue.

I plan on going back when they're completed....got some snooping around I want to do.
wink.png

Those are some pretty cool stories.

I have several strange stories but I do not remember which ones I have told on here. I do know I have not told this one.

I was volunteering at the global village during Panoply, which is a major arts fair in Huntsville Alabama. I was in full regalia teaching pine needle basketry when suddenly I was hit with a sever head ache.

Now I have a history of bad head aches, especially after my car wreck, but usually I have a for warning in the form of migraine "auras" as my doctor calls them.

But this time I had no warning, just sudden pain. SO I packed up and decided to go home early before it got worse. I packed up my car and got in and was sitting in the drivers seat massaging my temples when i heard three distinctive taps on my trunk. I turned to look over my shoulder and saw nothing, then I felt someone tugging on my braid. I whirled back around and nothing.

Confused I looked around before cautiously putting on my seat belt, starting the car and driving home

The moment I walked in the door the phone ring and I answered it.

An elder from a local tribe was on the phone. A very close friend of mine, whom I regarded as a brother, and who was an Apache whom I taught along side in the Indian education program, as well as a prankster who was always pulling pranks on me, had died suddenly of a heart attack.

The time of death? The same time I was sitting in my car with a head ache getting my braid pulled.

I couldn't make it to his funeral since his family had him buried with his deceased family, but 7 days later i went through a grieving ritual then went toe at with my mother.

I felt like I hadn't done enough. I should have contacted him more, or agreed to go on that last trip with him an others.

I just couldn't stop feeling like there was something I had yet to finish.

As i sat in the Chinese restaurant, the serve handed me my fortune cookie and inside was a fortune that said "It is done"

I started crying right there and the sense of incompletion lifted.
Wow, that's creepy.

I took the story of the strange house and symbols to my 4-H camp, after I told the story, a couple of the kids were trembleing and the councilors were congradulating me on my scary story. I told them it was from a real-life experience of a person here on BYC. They nearly fainted.

I'm goin to use more of these later.

My "whoa, what was that?" happened last Spring at the horse farm where I work. We have a well in one of the pastures; it has one of those plastic rock-like covers that sits about 4 feet high. The horses don't like it, sometimes shying at it, and always give it wide berth. It sits about halfway between the barn and two paddocks where some of the horses get turned out, so we walk horses past it every day. One evening as I was leading a horse in toward the barn, I could see this "rock" out of the corner of my eye. Suddenly I seemed to see a very large, gray dog, head down and shoulders hunched, striding just between me and the "rock". I even saw its legs move, but of course when I looked at it properly, there was no animal there. Rattled me pretty good; if that's what the horses were seeing, no wonder they were spooking!

The next odd occurrence was a couple of days later. I was turning the horses out after their morning feeding, it was a bright, sunny morning. The paddocks are to the left of the barn, if you went straight back from the barn a few hundred feet, you'd get to a round pen that we used as a quarantine area for new horses coming in. I'm leading a horse to one of the paddocks, and as we got close to the well, I heard a horse whinny a greeting. Now, there were horses in the barn behind me, and horses in a pasture far over to the right, but this sounded like it came from the round pen. The horse that was with me thought so too, he stopped, looked, pricked his ears, and nickered back. I looked, and saw a tall, bright chestnut horse standing in the pen.

My first thought was, "how did Marshall get back there?" Marshall was the only horse we had that was that color, but he was supposed to be in the pasture to the right. As quickly as I thought it, I realized it couldn't be him. Marshall is a big, solid Quarter Horse, and this horse was more lightly built than that. It could have been a Thoroughbred, but the only TB we'd had that color had left about a month before. After looking at this horse for a minute, I asked the horse beside me, "Ok, who is that, and why wasn't I told he was coming in?" Shrugging philosophically, I continued to the paddock with the horse I was leading, and the round pen disappeared from view behind some piles of dirt that had been dumped in the pasture.

After turning the horse out in his paddock, I decided, "Well, I guess I'd better go see about this guy," and started walking toward the round pen. When I got to the point where it was once again in view, there was no horse in it, no horse near it, no horse even within the same pasture. I'm prepared to believe that I was seeing things, but hearing things, too? And if I was hallucinating, what did the horse hear and see? All I can say is, if that red horse was some kind of ghost, at least it seems to be friendly.
hu.gif

Late one evening heading home from college I hit something.  There was a large thud and something metallic went flying into the air.  To all intent and purpose it looked like a flashlight.  I immediately stopped positive that I had hit a person with a flashlight. When I got out of the car and searched, there was nothing there.  I turned around and slowly drove back- there was nothing there.  There was no damage to my car, and till today I do not know what happened that night.

Oh my gosh- reading this just gave me chills and also made me remember something. Not too long after I got my drivers license a friend and I went out to just drive around in my new car. It was a Honda Civic Del Sol (its a tiny 2-seater car, and quite low to the ground). Anyway, we live in a tiny town that doesn't even have a stop light. We're just coming out of town where the speed limit changes. I started to speed up and BAM! I hit something.....something big. Not only did I hit it, I ran it over and heard an obvious sound of pain! Where the speed limit changes is a little house. The kids in that house always played dangerously close to the road, so my first thought was I hit one of them. I stopped as quickly as I could and we walked back down the road to find....absolutely nothing. My next impulse was to check my car for damage, it was prefect. We searched all over that road, the field next to it, the yard that belonged to the tiny house with the kids that played next to the road. I felt the impact of hitting whatever it was, felt when we went over it and heard it make a noise, so did my friend, and to this day neither he nor I know what happened there. Creepy...

By the way, I even counted those kids to make sure they were all there the next time I drove past that house. That's how creeped I was that I'd run over one of them :/

Back
Top Bottom