Texas

I learned something.

My chicken are just lawn ornaments. Hopefully being a heritage breed they will reproduce in the spring. I can say wholeheartedly mine are good foragers and now they are 6 months plus I do not supplemental feed except for offering treats to the house hens(the ones that come in and ask for wet cat food). @JB8907 I am attaching some documents for you....: Hopefully they are of use. It is still winter in most of the country so not prime chicken rearing time, however ideal nursery in comfort Tx is one of the more southern places to order from(still a 4 hour drive for you think Austin).

As @RUNuts is in your area and shares similar goals I still suggest he is your best resource.

Attachments

• pickachicken.pdf
    382.9 KB · Views: 5
  • chickenbreedcomparison.pdf
    230.8 KB · Views: 3
I would so totally skin personally if that were my goal. Plus I like my dishes ricey and Stewed/Spiced and (weaponized)Texanized. So stewed chicken would be ideal for me.

That is a good thought most of our chicken dishes don't have skin except gumbo and chicken soup and even we do quarters. Maybe I'll skin half or 2/3 of them.

Back
Top Bottom