Texas

Sounds like I'm going to have to survey some shadows this weekend. Hopefully one of those trees casts a shadow that isn't a whole acre away from the house (or in a spot that tends to flood)!

Welcome back! :frow
I have my hoopcoops under pecan and ash trees. Oak is not going to lose limbs as easily as an ash will.

I have my hoopcoops under pecan and ash trees. Oak is not going to lose limbs as easily as an ash will.
That's reassuring to know. Mine haven't really lost any large branches in storms, just smaller ones, but someone mentioned it and it was stuck in my head since.
Well... minus the one time one was struck by lightning anyways. That was a big branch, nearly half the tree. :lol:

That's reassuring to know. Mine haven't really lost any large branches in storms, just smaller ones, but someone mentioned it and it was stuck in my head since.
Well... minus the one time one was struck by lightning anyways. That was a big branch, nearly half the tree. :lol:
I'm pretty paranoid about limbs falling too. So far so good. I think in the long run, they need the deep shade, so I've just sucked up my worries.

Back
Top Bottom