Texas

One of the two weak ones died overnight. The other got off the heating pad and is back in a very weak place. I put her back in the warm "cave," but I'm not holding out much hope that she'll make it. So sad.

NickyPick, I am so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Ugh.  This has been a horrible few months with the hens.  First those dogs came in and wiped out a third of my flock.  Got some chicks and the bleeping rats got through the wire and killed 12 of my 20 chicks.  Moved the survivors back into the hourse.  Today, the replacements I got from the hatchery came it and due to a miscommunication between me and my dad, he didn't shut the puppy away from them and when he went out check on them, he found the puppy IN the brooder and 4 chicks dead and 3 on the verge.  He didn't tell me because he felt sick about it, just put the three iffy ones in the packing box, which he placed in the brooder.  I get home really late and find one chick gone and the other two freezing cold and barely moving.  I quickly put them in another box with a heating pad to get their temperature up and just now (2 hours later), they were perkier.  Even opening their eyes some.  I gave them a little sugar water.  We'll see how they fare in the morning, but I'm hoping they make it. :hit :fl

Sorry. Hoping it makes it. If it does you definitely have a fighter.

Yes I already introduced myself on here last night under new member. But me and my fiance bought us 3 Rhode Island Red at 2 weeks old back in may and wish we have bought two more so we could have 5 but we'll buy them next year. We r first time checken owners to.

Yes I already introduced myself on here last night under new member. But me and my fiance bought us 3 Rhode Island Red at 2 weeks old back in may and wish we have bought two more so we could have 5 but we'll buy them next year. We r first time checken owners to.

Welcome Will!

Back
Top Bottom